2013-2014 AAA Top Teams

Perhaps it is time for the TSSAA to step in and investigate where these girls parents are working and if they actually live full time in the district.

All players live in the Riverdale zone full time with their parents.  All transferred in by the rules.  Riverdale is very much by the book on transfers.  They know with their success, they have to be because everyone has their eye on them.  An investigation would be a wasted effort.  They would prove clean as a whistle.

Edited by Brandon100

Middleton (UT commit) came in her 9th grade year, so kind of hard to say she transferred.  If you want to count transfers then Davenport (Clemson commit) came from Siegel for 10th grade after starting her 9th grade year so maybe that is who you mean.  Maybe Brandy Alley (Faulkner commit) who transferred from Mt Juliet...  People transfer for different reasons.....divorce....displacement....jobs....homes...again, many reasons.    There is no transfer or recruiting mess at Riverdale.  There are plenty of transfers in other schools as well...you just hear about Riverdale because of the national attention and the fact they get a lot of press.  They are highly scrutinized beyond what you could ever imagine, and they walk a straight line.  All was done by the book.  Parents and players want to play/have their kids play for winners and the opportunity to play at the next level.  What better place than the National Champion?  DI College coaches beat a trail down to the school to attend their workouts.  There is serious exposure. The city of Murfreesboro at one time last season had three teams ranked nationally in the top 20....Riverdale, Blackman and Oakland.  The city is crazy about high school girls basketball.    Murfreesboro tends to be a transient city with plenty of growth in population, housing and jobs.  Just the way it is.....this brings transfers every year to schools.

Edited by Brandon100

ONLY three this year, but also Middleton a couple of years ago. That's four total. If Blackman or some other team wins the state, it will be a great victory. If Riverdale wins , it will be tainted by the transfer/recruiting mess.

If you want to go that far, then remember that Jazz Bond played for Middle TN Christian in 8th grade and MeMe Jackson transferred from Mt Juliet.  Both players are on Blackman.  I may be missing others.  People transfer for different reasons.  They are both great players who play for a great program.  I am more than sure that Blackman plays by the rules as well.  Meme sat out last year as a provision of her transfer.  I am confident that in these schools, they have great administration that plays by the rules and would not risk their programs by cheating.  No need to..

Again, this is not a criticism of individual players it is rather an indictment of the "win at all cost environments" that exit at schools like Riverdale. What about the girls who worked hard for three years and are cast aside their senior years because a crew of transfers rushed in to take over the spotlight. When I start seeing lots of students transferring to Riverdale because of their national standing in academics then I might understand the mentality of high school recruiting, but not for the sole purpose of beating up on other schools. Also, most college recruiters are not totally stupid and were very aware of the abilities of these players BEFORE they transferred. The TSSAA should stop playing silly games and put a stop to this mess.

Again, this is not a criticism of individual players it is rather an indictment of the "win at all cost environments" that exit at schools like Riverdale. What about the girls who worked hard for three years and are cast aside their senior years because a crew of transfers rushed in to take over the spotlight. When I start seeing lots of students transferring to Riverdale because of their national standing in academics then I might understand the mentality of high school recruiting, but not for the sole purpose of beating up on other schools. Also, most college recruiters are not totally stupid and were very aware of the abilities of these players BEFORE they transferred. The TSSAA should stop playing silly games and put a stop to this mess.

I am not aware of one transfer that was "recruited" to Riverdale.  They run a very clean program, and there are rules about transferring which are abided by.  If you are certain there is a player "recruited", please get them and go to the school in person and let Coach Barrett and Principal Nolan know along with the TSSAA.  I can assure you the program is heavily watched over more than you would ever realize.  They are not going to make those kinds of errors.  People hate seeing the success of winning programs.  It is very unfair to keep stating Riverdale "recruits" when you have not one shred of evidence.

Maybe there are students that transfer to Riverdale for a whole host of reasons outside of basketball.  You are only making assumptions about a team of 15 girls out of a student body of 2,200 - 2,400 students.  Of the 15-18 girls on the team (varsity and JV), maybe 5 are transfers, and that is in a 4 year period.  People transfer schools all the time, and not just student-athletes.  They don't get the publicity the girls basketball team does so they fly under the radar.  Kids transferring schools happens all the time and not just at one school

Edited by Brandon100