Coaching in Clarksville

bigdog64

What would be the issue at West Creek? If there is an issue there is it the same at other Clarksville area high schools? Does anyone know for sure if Offutt is out or close to being out or is that just a rumor? I can't imagine that 0-10 does a lot for confidence...but is that something that is out of the coach's hands?

he is a good coach

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a team in Clarksville that is head and shoulders above the rest or one that can threaten to make a run? Can anyone actually confirm if indeed West Creek will have a new coach on the sidelines in the fall?

It's usually Northeast and Clarksville followed by everybody else. Those two schools, for whatever reason (I am an outsider), have found fairly consistent success in athletics. Rossview is a good baseball school, but that's about all I can say for them at the moment. They had a decent season last year in football by their standards, but I hear they lost a lot from that team.

So West Creek has athletes? 0-10 and 1-9 the past two seasons makes you wonder. If a program truly has "athletes" then you could surely stumble your way into a few wins...My thoughts are that the cupboard is bare OR they aren't being coached well...and at schools like that you can often see that the better players sometimes don't come out for whatever reason. I don't know the coaches there and won't speculate on how they are doing but the numbers are speaking a grim story. On another thread it was mentioned that there would be a coaching change but no details were given. It looks like no one has come forth with any more info so I'm leaning towards that being a rumor unless someone has info indicating the contrary. It doesn't look like the coaches stay long in the system to say the least.

They have athletes, just not enough of them on the field on Friday nights, and I would imagine the coaching carousel has a lot to do with that. There is potential at that school, but things would have to change dramatically at the administrative level for them to begin reaping those benefits.

I wish the best for the Clarksville schools. I really do. As a Henry County fan and a district rival, I'd love to see that city become a stronger football presence, because it's capable of great things. But, I've been singing this same tune for years, and nothing has changed. For the time being, we just look out for the occasional strong team from Northeast or Clarksville High. Outside of that, I expect mercy rules against most teams.

I was the DC at Louisville Male last season and will be moving to Clarksville to coordinate the defense at Northeast (my alma mater). Coaching in the 7th toughest district in the Nation (Trinity, St. X, Male, Manual) hopefully has prepared me for the next challenge ahead. Shelby has put kids in college like no other coach in Clarksville ever has and with 2 consecutive trips to the 3rd round I really hope whoever has all these bad things to say about Clarksville football was excluding him from that conversation.