Best of the best(coaches and umpires)

cocheese

Season isn't completely over yet, but for most teams it is by now. What coaches out there do you feel like deserve a pat on the back? Maybe they don't have the most wins or district titles, but they work their butt off for the kids and are making a difference in the kids' lives. Coaches who go to the State every year get congrats all the time, let's hear about some of those who do a great job with less talent. What about umpires? Anybody have some umpires that do an outstanding job and do it for the right reasons with a good attitude? They don't usually hear it when they're doing something right, so now is your chance!

I realize this is not what you asked for, but it's not just wins that makes this guy the best high school baseball coach in the state of TN, imho. Richie Estep of Goodpasture is the man.

i couldn't agree more. Each yr I see his team 1-2 games & I always leave impressed at how they do all the little things so well. Additionally, his kids swing it as well as any team at any level 1-9. Excellent coach!!

Some of the good coaches I've seen around the middle Tennessee area are the coach from Waverly, Cash or Cahsman?? Coach Chessor from Hickman is a stand up guy as well. Both guys may not have a case full of trophies, but they are great examples to their kids.

I doubt you'll have anyone speak well of any of the umpires. Just saying...

You are probably right because if you don't umpire you have no idea how hard we work and for us who love the game and bust our butts to give the kids the best game we can give them for a very small pay.I umpired the Championship game In AA Last Week 3 hours 30 mins 27 runs 36 hits 10 innings and 334 Pitches not one time were we out of position and nothing said about my Zone see all good and nothing said but we understand that's what we want !!
  • Upvote 1

Great umpires today in the Farragut game that missed a foul ball call by two feet. Yep, the best of the best.

No not really trust me it's just a popularity contest they just send who pretty much ask to go . I know for a fact their is some good umpires in the state though.