Best of the best(coaches and umpires)

cocheese

You are probably right because if you don't umpire you have no idea how hard we work and for us who love the game and bust our butts to give the kids the best game we can give them for a very small pay.I umpired the Championship game In AA Last Week 3 hours 30 mins 27 runs 36 hits 10 innings and 334 Pitches not one time were we out of position and nothing said about my Zone see all good and nothing said but we understand that's what we want !!

Championship game in AA last week? The championship games are this Friday.

I didn't take into account that the umpires might pat themselves on the back, sorry.

No not really trust me it's just a popularity contest they just send who pretty much ask to go . I know for a fact their is some good umpires in the state though.

This may be the prevailing practice in your association, but trust me, it isn't in all associations.

I was hoping we could give some pats on the back to these guys, coaches and umpires, because they're willing to work to make this game happen. But, like I have said many times before, the ballfield society is just a smaller reflection of today's society. There are the givers and the takers, and the takers are usually the ones moaning the loudest.

I was hoping we could give some pats on the back to these guys, coaches and umpires, because they're willing to work to make this game happen. But, like I have said many times before, the ballfield society is just a smaller reflection of today's society. There are the givers and the takers, and the takers are usually the ones moaning the loudest.

This is so true it's just the sad world we live in that so many people look for the bad in everything and never what good is coming from it.Thank you for the kind words and yes we as umpires do like a little thank you for loving baseball and kids enough to work all day and then go umpire a game think how many umpires they would be if we only done it for the money or to satisfy fans or coaches ? Answer is easy 0 but I love the game it's my way of staying in it for the last 35 years and will continue to stay in it as long as the Good Lord keeps me healthy and I can give the kids a good game !!

This is so true it's just the sad world we live in that so many people look for the bad in everything and never what good is coming from it.Thank you for the kind words and yes we as umpires do like a little thank you for loving baseball and kids enough to work all day and then go umpire a game think how many umpires they would be if we only done it for the money or to satisfy fans or coaches ? Answer is easy 0 but I love the game it's my way of staying in it for the last 35 years and will continue to stay in it as long as the Good Lord keeps me healthy and I can give the kids a good game !!

People also do not realize, these umpires are taking a week off from their work schedules to do this. Not everyone has an unlimited amount of vacation days they can use whenever they want. These umpires are taking vacation days that they could use with their families, but instead they are using them this week to umpire baseball games. Do you have the best umpires in the state at the spring fling? No, of course you do not because if you did you would see the same people there year in and year out. Any good manager knows you need to reward people for their hard work, and in most cases working the state championship is a reward. It is a great experience for the umpires as well as the players, coaches, friends, and families.
  • Upvote 1

People also do not realize, these umpires are taking a week off from their work schedules to do this. Not everyone has an unlimited amount of vacation days they can use whenever they want. These umpires are taking vacation days that they could use with their families, but instead they are using them this week to umpire baseball games. Do you have the best umpires in the state at the spring fling? No, of course you do not because if you did you would see the same people there year in and year out. Any good manager knows you need to reward people for their hard work, and in most cases working the state championship is a reward. It is a great experience for the umpires as well as the players, coaches, friends, and families.

+1 :thumb:

So very true !

Long time MLB umpire (28 years in the bigs), Dale Ford is back in Murfreesboro calling the AAA tournament. He will undoubtedly be behind the plate for the championship game on Friday. He does high school games in upper East Tennessee and does not charge for his services during the year or at the state tournament.

Ford is a professional and conducts himself as such on the field. He does have an MLB strike zone which some people have a hard time adjusting to. It's funny to hear people yelling at him like he doesn't know what he is doing.

He is a great ump and apparently a great guy as well. If you see him, thank him for his service.

• Upvote 1