Kingston's next coach?

rcpatriot

You are thinking small. Pretty sure Greeneville is glad they hired an out of towner a few years ago, Rankin isn't from Aloca, both of those teams have won several state championships with out of towners. & the great General Neyland wasn't from Knoxville, but hey he only had the stadium named after him & won some national championships.

Not everyone is like Harrison.

I had heard that coach harrison had applied for other jobs. From the outside looking in it looks like a great place to live, great community, what happened that made things go so wrong, i heard the numbers were really down, was it just not a good match or was he not given much of a chance, i know the only tough part is having Alcoa and CAK in your region but the right guys welcomes that opportunity and is not scared of it. Just wondered what happened that made such a bad marriage...i know if you go through most programs in the state except for a very few rarely do you have a graduate coaching the local team to any success, i think quarles is a home town guy but i may be wrong, but most of the time due to pure limitations of graduates from a school limits the number of really good qualified coaches that can really take the job an run and be successful. I would try to find a heavy hitter that can strategize against rankin and smith, tall order no matter who you get. Good luck jackets you will get a good coach, hope you get what you want ...sometimes it is just the opposite with home town boys...it is rough when things do not go well and the pressure is on their shoulders to set the standard very high, tough when you go to school with, church with, see them and their mom and dad at the grocery store....sometimes people get nasty....fast

The hometown boy is a double edge sword. Sometimes a hometown guy can bring a program down and ruin the chances of other local boys for years to come. Hiring outside the circle fades tradition and outsiders may not have the passion for the school and community. It's a tough choice. Sometimes inside jobs can prevail too. Sometimes new blood is needed. But the hometown boy could lead the program to new heights because of his love of the program.

As lou Holtz told his team when he took the South Carolina job," men, you may not have picked me as your coach. you may have wanted a bigger named coach, but I picked you". Taking a guy who really wants the job instead of well wishing can a long way. I was all on the Jon Gruden ship but Butch Jones seems pretty good so far.

Edited by BURLEY

I dont think we will get panky or collier..for us to only have 21 varsity players is kinda sad..i know a bunch of kids quit because coach harrison didnt blend to well with the century club.and at kingston theres alot of politics.and coach harrison made these kids work harder than they ever did before..but that still isnt a reason to have only 21 players.especially when kingston usually dresses 60-80 kids..

sounds like you guys have several really good guys from the kingston family that are prepared to take over and inspire the jackets....maybe one of the three guys will come home and inspire the troops again...i bet you have a new head coach by the middle of next week...be easy on the home town guy and give him some time to change the culture