CPA vs Kingbury (H) Who ya got? (Including updates)

NotNoahHouck

actually they made it to the region semis thank you very much. And they're a PUBLIC school with a lot more character than these stuck- up rich kids who should be playing other private schools in a separate division

Considering some of the things you said in your post, I assume you are just trying to revive a topic that comes up every season (girls and boys) by getting a rise out of those of us who chose to send our kids to private schools… but I’ll bite anyway….I can’t speak for CPA, CAK or Trinity, but I can guarantee you that nobody on Notre Dame’s team was recruited to ND to play soccer. A very large percentage of our players attended one of the two Catholic feeder schools in Chattanooga prior to Notre Dame.

Every year Coach Schermerhorn just takes what shows up and works them very hard, coaches them up and adjusts to their strengths and weaknesses. By the end of most seasons he has developed a team that is competitive with anybody in the state. This year he did an exceptional job, considering how many players he had that are just good athletes and not year-around soccer players (and by the way, I have not found any of them to be stuck up, but maybe that's just me).

There are somewhere around 200 boys at ND this year. How many boys attend the four public schools in A-AA that made it to State? Seriously, I would love to see those numbers. As far as club players go, I am pretty sure White House had more club players on their team than ND. White House has a good looking squad, and they played a very organized and patient game. It would not have surprised me at all if they won the championship this year.

I am glad to see the soccer message board a little bit more active with commentary this time of year, but personally, I can live without the tone and false accusations of your post.

There are somewhere around 200 boys at ND this year. How many boys attend the four public schools in A-AA that made it to State?

These are estimated by taking half of the enrollment numbers used for classification for 2013 - 2016.

Greeneville - 421

Whitehouse - 449

East Hamilton - 554

Kingsbury - 572

It looks like East Hamilton and Kingsbury will move to AAA next year.

These are estimated by taking half of the enrollment numbers used for classification for 2013 - 2016.

Greeneville - 421

Whitehouse - 449

East Hamilton - 554

Kingsbury - 572

It looks like East Hamilton and Kingsbury will move to AAA next year.

TCA has 234 total students and approximately 115 boys. We definitely can relate. Our soccer players play basketball, football, etc. It was very evident that the other teams in the BOro had better soccer players than we did. At least we were the only class A school represented and I assure you no one is recruited to TCA to play soccer. We take what we get and do the best we can. Most likely we will not be a regular in Murfressboro like some of the others. We were fortunate to play Kingsbury and CAK. Wish them both luck. I would give the nod to CAK but would not count Kingsbury out. I would love to see that game!

Edited by TCAIntense

No. We normally do. Not sure why we didn't schedule them this year. They usually are very tough. They have approximately 400 students in HS.

Alright, I think we may have embarrassed them when we played. They never uploaded the game to Playonsports and it was 1-0 through 60 minutes. But they ended up winnig 4-0 on their senior night. I wish I could play on that field everyday it was amazing

I don't really understand the whole idea of wanting to segregate private schools from public schools in A/AA. If it were as easy as, "hey, let's recruit some good soccer players so that we can go for state every year," I would understand. However, this is not the case - in fact, it's not allowed under TSSAA rules/regs.

Unfortunately, soccer is an expensive sport in this country. To play for an upper-level club team, a family must have the resources available for travel, training, and many other expenses.

Now, look at your typical (and I stress typical) state hopeful soccer program, whether A/AA or AAA, public or private. A lot of your stronger soccer schools and players come from more affluent areas of the state: West Knoxville (Farragut, Bearden, CAK, Webb, etc.), Franklin, Brentwood, and so on. These are club level soccer players who come together for a few months and play high school.

I don't really understand the whole idea of wanting to segregate private schools from public schools in A/AA. If it were as easy as, "hey, let's recruit some good soccer players so that we can go for state every year," I would understand. However, this is not the case - in fact, it's not allowed under TSSAA rules/regs.

Unfortunately, soccer is an expensive sport in this country. To play for an upper-level club team, a family must have the resources available for travel, training, and many other expenses.

Now, look at your typical (and I stress typical) state hopeful soccer program, whether A/AA or AAA, public or private. A lot of your stronger soccer schools and players come from more affluent areas of the state: West Knoxville (Farragut, Bearden, CAK, Webb, etc.), Franklin, Brentwood, and so on. These are club level soccer players who come together for a few months and play high school.

I am not sure what your point is. So you are saying that it is OK to have a classification where 15 out of 18 championships and 11 in row are won by private schools? Private schools make up a small percentage of A/AA schools.

I am not sure what your point is. So you are saying that it is OK to have a classification where 15 out of 18 championships and 11 in row are won by private schools? Private schools make up a small percentage of A/AA schools.

The point originated from jptech7's comment that private schools are allowed to recruit, while public schools are stuck with whatever they get (in the midst of the private school bashing). I will fully agree, at least from what I know, that private schools make up a minority of A/AA schools. I will also admit that the private schools generally put out stronger teams. However, This is not done by recruiting players - private schools in Div. 1, A/AA have to work with what they get in any given year, as well. They simply benefit in the same way that many of the top-notch AAA teams do (that was the point of the post).