Cheatham Head Coaching slot will soon be open

I know Harpeth is on their 5th principal in the last 10 years. There's a morale problem, no question, with the turnover that we have had in a number of key positions in that time frame. Not sure that there are any easy answers, but as a county our schools need to have unequivocal support from the top down in academics, athletics and goal oriented extra curricular activities, personnel and facilities for the #1 reason that everyone is supposed to be working for, the students.

I know Harpeth is on their 5th principal in the last 10 years. There's a morale problem, no question, with the turnover that we have had in a number of key positions in that time frame. Not sure that there are any easy answers, but as a county our schools need to have unequivocal support from the top down in academics, athletics and goal oriented extra curricular activities, personnel and facilities for the #1 reason that everyone is supposed to be working for, the students.

Amen!

WKRN channel 2 reporting tonight 25% of Cheatham Co teachers have resigned this past year. That is a real problem

county wide

http://www.wkrn.com/story/22470787/25-percent-of-cheatham-county-employees-have-resigned-since-may-1

I found Dr. Curtis' comment interesting.

Cheatham County Schools Director Dr. Stan Curtis told News Two in a statement, "teachers need to enjoy their profession. If they choose to resign we hope they find a place of employment where they can be fulfilled."

No sense of wanting to fix the problem, no desire to find out what the problem is, just an attitude of "if they do not like it they can leave".

Also note that many of the ones that have left and are leaving are not new to the teaching profession, they are long time professionals who will find work in other school systems. A sad,sad state of affairs for Cheatham County.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/22470787/25-percent-of-cheatham-county-employees-have-resigned-since-may-1

I found Dr. Curtis' comment interesting.

Cheatham County Schools Director Dr. Stan Curtis told News Two in a statement, "teachers need to enjoy their profession. If they choose to resign we hope they find a place of employment where they can be fulfilled."

This from a guy who threatens his teachers on a regular basis, screams at cafeteria workers in the middle of the school day, and doesn't respond when he is questioned to speak to a person or to the media because he likes to hide. At least people like Beth Batson think he is a tough guy. If I ever run into the guy he has a fight coming. The same is true for Tim Webb.

Kinnard was fired today. I wonder if it was because she supported Jackson or if it was because she wanted to beat the traffic out the door before the inevitable happens to Curtis & the Crooks.

I have learned that when a team is cooked in sports their fans often times try to beat the traffic out of the door instead of staying for the carnage.

In the news segment the reporter said there is a gathering of parents and concerned citizens for the board meeting this coming Monday night. I would strongly encourage you to attend if you live in CC. Many things will be asked.....most if not all will be ignored. But if we have a massive amount of bodies at the meeting they cannot ignore our questions for long. Because if enough us rally and support our children, teachers, coaches and school staff then it's egg in their faces....again....

Edited by coachcraig

It has been a decade long struggle that's for sure. It will take at least half that amount of time to clean up the mess that's been created. If I were a parent, which I am, with a child in grades 6-12 in the Pleasant View, Ashland City, or Kingston Springs areas I would start looking for a more stable district to relocate to and send my child to get a better education and a better opportunity athletically. Bull, Finley, Dawson, Walls, Wilson, Goodwin, Brinkley, and Jackson all leaving is enough of a clue for this guy from an athletics standpoint. 100 educators since January is enough of a clue from an academics standpoint. Curtis needs to go! Batson needs to go! The Board needs to go! Kinnard needed to go! Webs imprint has damaged the county beyond immediate repair.