Cheatham Head Coaching slot will soon be open

The was about the description I got, Howdy! The one kid I talked to is an incoming Freshman. The way I understood this young man is that coach is intense, jacked up, and happy to be there. This kid saw Coach's passion for the game, day 1! Awesome!

Well Congrats on the new addition. He'll add to what's been a very strong football team in recent years. Fairview will be in the hunt come November. A playoff game vs Stewart County would be a dream scenario.

That is only for non-faculty coaches. Any certified teacher can be a HC.

Actually, non-faculty coaches must have 5 years experience coaching and must have passed the appropriate training courses. All certified teachers are eligible to coach with no prior coaching experience required by TSSAA.

the "Politics" are unreal right now and damaging to the kids. As for the CC football team...they have most of their skills/combo players returning and a few huge linemen to fill the gaps where our "Giants" once stood last season.

We lost our O-line #54 Casteel - LT/DT, #74 Fields - LG/DE, #76 Manning - RG/DT, #67 Eslick - RT/DT and #87 Bose - TE/DE

We lost some skill players #8 Brinkley - WR/CB, #11 Potts - QB/S, #18 Walton - WR/CB, #30 White - RB

I know that seems like a ton of players, BUT there are some really good football players stepping up to fill their shoes. I can't say where they will be positioned as we don't have a coach ATM. But can say without a doubt that the CUBS team will be a force to be reckoned with this Fall in 2013. They might not go 10-0 but other teams will know who they've played after the game.

It saddens me that a team went from 10-0, the top offense at one point, and were deep in the playoffs last year before being put out by a private school.

With all the unfoldings over the last couple of weeks I have heard that actually some of the returning seniors the year have quit. Including the MLB Newman. I also heard if things don't change that there could be more.

However, I'm a lighter note I would like to congratulate the kids from the 10-0 team who receive scholarships! That's a huge honor.

It saddens me that a team went from 10-0, the top offense at one point, and were deep in the playoffs last year before being put out by a private school.

With all the unfoldings over the last couple of weeks I have heard that actually some of the returning seniors the year have quit. Including the MLB Newman. I also heard if things don't change that there could be more.

However, I'm a lighter note I would like to congratulate the kids from the 10-0 team who receive scholarships! That's a huge honor.

It is in deed. I think there are a total of 5 now? Bose, Brinkley, Fields, Potts and White?

It is in deed. I think there are a total of 5 now? Bose, Brinkley, Fields, Potts and White?

From what I heard there could have been more. Some didn't take the offers they were given. Bose and Fields were both apart of the O-Line that ran through everyone in the district, and were a huge part of the dominate offense.

I hear that the Cubs have gone out of state for 2 guys who will both be introduced to the boys on Monday. I'm assuming one will be head coach, one will be a paid assistant, and Holt (who has been doing workouts) will be the second paid assistant. The season begins 11 weeks from tonight. I wish the Cubs nothing but the best. The kids deserve much better than they've gotten from the powers that be and I hope once again they don't suffer through a horrible season because of the decisions of others. I know of 3 seniors on this upcoming Cubs team who have already inquired about attending school elsewhere in the fall. I know of another who has decided to no longer play football. I hope the ones that do stay are able to compete and get back to the playoffs. Go Cubs!

Is the county trying to save money by firing older higher paid teacher and coaches to bring in younger lower paid staff. Explain to some of us outsiders why they fired your coaching staff after such a good couple of seasons. This doesnt make much since.

None of them were fired. They all left on their own free will and told the "bird shooting Curtis" and the "Jesus hiring Batson" where they could go on their way out the door. Dawson, Finley, and Jackson are in much better situations and won't have to worry about political garbage any longer. The new coach may be a good guy. He may be liked by the kids. He may be liked by Curtis and the board and Batson. Having said that though he's just bitten off more than he can chew. I don't care how old the guy is Postman. The Cubs will go 3-7 this year. They have a few good guys left. The schedule is tougher. I hope they can find a way to squeak out 5-5 and get to the postseason but it's highly unlikely at this point.

It's sad to see the coaches aren't the only thing leaving the Cubs football program. WQSV, the county's lone radio station, has carried Cubs football games on the airwaves since 1991. Prior to that time the former station was J790 and they carried Cubs games dating all the way back to the early 1980s. Today at 6PM the radio station will go off of the airwaves permanently. It seems like a small thing to many but in this community it has been very big to so many people.