Jay Goldstyne gets High School coaching Job, Indiana

PHargis

Jay spent some good years in the Middle Tennessee area and I think could be counted in Middle Tennessee History as one of the individuals which had the greatest impact of promoting volleyball in the area. There are many others but just the amount of players who went thru his programs certainly would rank him in the group. Most players in Middle certainly know the name and likely his style. Good Luck JG>

BB, I think I can understand your feelings from earlier posts. History will tell. When you sometime decide to hang it up, you are in that same group also. Whether you like it or not, promoting oneself is done whether you want to or not. It does come with the territory. I, and others, agree with you that style is the difference in people. History is the leveler. And it is not al the W and L part of the equation. But that is a part. Have a good season. I am sure people around Franklin have many opinions as well as other places. Style matters.

You miss my point. You are holding Jay, and have previously held up the other Jay, as being good for a sport we all love. They weren't. They were not good coaches, nor good role models. They caused alot of harm in the volleyball community. Their impact on many of us was harmful. Please don't praise these "men" because you don't know the extent of the damage they caused, many of us are trying to forget them, don't honor them.

You missed my point. We got caught up there too. But History will only tell. You all were in the confab at this point. The world saw the good and knew the bad. Some could only see the bad but they were too close and had another viewpoint. Everyone had their good and bad points as they do today. I am one who has seen the good, bad and ugly. History is the only thing I have to sift out everything. it is playing out as I thought. Except you being as upset as you are. A lot in the Industry is just waiting for the next shoe to drop. I'm not going to be a part of it. I can mention the good points and let others take the low road. I can have something good to say about everyone. History will tell the rest because it has not been long enough a.nd there are some good people still involved. I would not touch that with a 10 foot pole but there are others who would. Not my Style. It takes a lot of people to make this sport succeed. Thank goodness one or two or three don't rule the roost.. You haave made your point.

Announcements