WHITEHAVEN - 2013

Red Rebels

I'm going to say something that may add some clarity for some people on this young man's decision to RETURN to Whitehaven for his senior year. Mr. Warren attended Whitehaven his freshman year. Imagine being him as a freshman and the starting RB was a sophomore by the name of Mark Dodson. Well a decision was made to attend CBHS where he was the best RB on the team. So, his Sophomore and Junior seasons were terrific as he was the featured RB on a strong CBHS football team. Then ... suddenly, the CBHS HC resigns and there is a brand new coach introduced. Who knows what happened after that. The next thing we know he's transferring BACK to Whitehaven. Doesn't sound far fetched to me. He's already had offers from UNC and Arkansas State, so it's not like he doesn't have a college wanting his services. His grades are probably in order because if they weren't we probably would have heard by now. For whatever reason, it could be many, he's returning home to where his high school career started. He already knows a lot of the players anyway. He will fit in quite nicely. I'm sure he and Marshawn will compete for the starting job when it is all said and done. I'm thinking that Marshawn is too good of an athlete to keep off of the field and he will probably be moved to another position. Perhaps do like Roderick Owens did last year. He was the backup RB to Mark Dodson, but was moved to cornerback his senior season where he had a stellar year and earned a scholarship to Austin Peay University. (#6 off of last years team who ripped the ball out of the Maryville RB's hands during a goal line stance in last years championship game for those trying to remember who I am talking about)

Ramadi went to CBHS his freshman year

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

KWC, did the TSSAA approve of Warren transferring back to Whitehaven? I saw in Murphy Fair's book he was still listed at CB. May have been to due timing of when it went into print.   I am guessing the decision is based on if he lives outside the 20 mile radius of CB? There has been some talk on other posts about how Jalen Hurd was able to transfer from MBA to Beech and not have to sit out a year. That was due to he and his family moving into the Beech school zone which was over 20 miles away. Wish the best for Mr. Warren.

KWC, did the TSSAA approve of Warren transferring back to Whitehaven? I saw in Murphy Fair's book he was still listed at CB. May have been to due timing of when it went into print.   I am guessing the decision is based on if he lives outside the 20 mile radius of CB? There has been some talk on other posts about how Jalen Hurd was able to transfer from MBA to Beech and not have to sit out a year. That was due to he and his family moving into the Beech school zone which was over 20 miles away. Wish the best for Mr. Warren.

BK:

I haven't heard anything yet on Mr. Warren's eligibility status from the TSSAA due to his enrollment at Whitehaven. That doesn't mean the TSSAA hasn't made a decision one way or the other; its just that I haven't heard anything yet. However, his eligibility will be considered to be a 'hardship case' so I don't think the 20 mile rule will apply.

As far as Murphy Fair is concerned; he (Murphy) has to get his ducks in a row early in the summer so his resources may not have known about Mr. Warren's situation. If he heard about it he probably couldn't verify it at the time, so I would think the safe thing to do would be to just list him with CBHS until confirmed otherwise.

There won't be another Mark Dodson, Jr. at Whitehaven for a while I think

BHS:

Speaking of Mark Dodson, the CA wrote an article in today's print/rendition titled 'Memphis products Dodson, Walton help power Ole Miss backfield' that talks about the exploits of the two Ole Miss RB's that hail from the City of Memphis High Schools and their impact on the program. It seems that Mark Dodson and Jaylen Walton (Ridgeway) are making names for themselves at Ole Miss. I have been reading good reports about Mark and this aticle just reinforces what I've been hearing. We all knew Mark was special. The SEC is going to soon find out it seems. It only helped that Mark graduated early and suited up this past spring. Mark is definately going to see action this fall as a true freshman. I know I will be tracking him.

On another note .. you have heard that Mose Frazier is over at the U of M turning heads at WR haven't you? Also ... Have you heard that Marcus Rucker is currently on the Chicago Bears roster? I was told this from Dr. Hunter at the Southwind scrimmage this past Thursday about Marcus.

Edited by kwc

BHS:

Speaking of Mark Dodson, the CA wrote an article in today's print/rendition titled 'Memphis products Dodson, Walton help power Ole Miss backfield' that talks about the exploits of the two Ole Miss RB's that hail from the City of Memphis High Schools and their impact on the program. It seems that Mark Dodson and Jaylen Walton (Ridgeway) are making names for themselves at Ole Miss. I have been reading good reports about Mark and this aticle just reinforces what I've been hearing. We all knew Mark was special. The SEC is going to soon find out it seems. It only helped that Mark graduated early and suited up this past spring. Mark is definately going to see action this fall as a true freshman. I know I will be tracking him.

On another note .. you have heard that Mose Frazier is over at the U of M turning heads at WR haven't you? Also ... Have you heard that Marcus Rucker is currently on the Chicago Bears roster? I was told this from Dr. Hunter at the Southwind scrimmage this past Thursday about Marcus.

I certainly have heard about Mose. I was just talking to one of his U of M teammates about his exploits. He also mentioned Rucker to me as well. 

I certainly have heard about Mose. I was just talking to one of his U of M teammates about his exploits. He also mentioned Rucker to me as well.

I don't know if you've pulled up the U of M roster lately but the City of Memphis high schools are very well represented. I was kind of shocked to see so many Southwind players until I thought about the connection between the Southwind current coach and the U of M. I'm beginning to wonder if the U of M and coach Vogel relationship will result in more of the high caliber CBHS recruited players deciding to play football at the U of M. I knew that Whitehaven is well represented on that roster, but I wasn't aware by how much until I looked at it. I'm anxious to see what a Terry Redden and Charles Harris led defense can do this year at the U of M. Coach Fuentes has definitely made inroads into the City's high schools. Who knows, if they can build on the momentum from last year. If they have a really good season this year maybe he can start to keep some of the more heralded City of Memphis high school recruits to stay home.

Edited by kwc

• 2 weeks later...

I heard some good news on two different fronts. First, I talked with one of the Whitehaven coaches after the Jamboree last night (Thursday, August 15) and he told me that the word has come down from the TSSAA on Ramadi Warren. He said that he's elidgible to play this season at Whitehaven. Secondly, I heard that our DC is now the HC over at Havenview. He's still the Whitehaven DC as well.  I congratulated him when I spoke with him last night. BOTH of those items are great news for the Whitehaven Tigers!

Man! It just keeps getting better and better at Defensive Back high school!

I'tavious Mathers from Blackman is doing his thing at Ole Miss also...

Passive:

You lost me with this one bud. Mose is Mose Frazier. He's a former Whitehaven WR who is now at the University of Memphis. Rucker is also a former Whitehaven WR who played collegiately at the U of M, but who is now getting a shot with the Chicago bears. Not trying to be nit picky here, but I don't see how that ties into I'tavious Mathers over at Ole Miss?

However, I'm glad to hear that he is doing well.

Passive:

You lost me with this one bud. Mose is Mose Frazier. He's a former Whitehaven WR who is now at the University of Memphis. Rucker is also a former Whitehaven WR who played collegiately at the U of M, but who is now getting a shot with the Chicago bears. Not trying to be nit picky here, but I don't see how that ties into I'tavious Mathers over at Ole Miss?

However, I'm glad to hear that he is doing well.

hit wrong topic.....I know Dodson is at Ole Miss and they were talking about his progress....