Three Rivers Conference (AA-District 1)

South and Elizabethton have to be the clear favorites coming into the season. Not sure about what South has up front, but I know they have athletes everywhere. Betsy gets a lot of love because of their athletes like Ethan Thomas (Now), Terrance Turner, and Cody Forbes (Past), but they've dominated teams because they've been so strong up front, particularly the D-Line. I know Witten has mentioned losing some key guys up there due to graduation. It'll be interesting to see if he just reloads. North lost a load of seniors due to graduation, but Coach Norris seems to do a good job of having his teams ready to play. Interested to see what life is like after Rowe and Thompson. Unicoi lost their running back from last year, but besides that, I believe were very Sophomore and Junior heavy. I look for Johnson County, Unicoi, and North to be battling for that 3rd spot. It'll be hard for Happy Valley and East to get much worse than they were last year. East will definitely be pulling up the rear again though.

South and Elizabethton have to be the clear favorites coming into the season. Not sure about what South has up front, but I know they have athletes everywhere. Betsy gets a lot of love because of their athletes like Ethan Thomas (Now), Terrance Turner, and Cody Forbes (Past), but they've dominated teams because they've been so strong up front, particularly the D-Line. I know Witten has mentioned losing some key guys up there due to graduation. It'll be interesting to see if he just reloads. North lost a load of seniors due to graduation, but Coach Norris seems to do a good job of having his teams ready to play. Interested to see what life is like after Rowe and Thompson. Unicoi lost their running back from last year, but besides that, I believe were very Sophomore and Junior heavy. I look for Johnson County, Unicoi, and North to be battling for that 3rd spot. It'll be hard for Happy Valley and East to get much worse than they were last year. East will definitely be pulling up the rear again though.

The bad thing for South and Elizabethton is that they are 4A. That means they have to go through Fulton! Fulton is LOADED this year!

1. Elizabethton

2. South

3. Unicoi

4. North

5. Johnson County

6. Happy Valley

7. East

I think 3-5 are a mixup. Could shake out a bunch of different ways with those 3.

1. South

2. Betsy

3. North

4. Unicoi

5. Johnson Co.

6. HV

7. East

Didn't see much from Unicoi in the passing scrimmage the other day at DB against North and South. South wore out DB back in the spring scrimmage, so I just guessing they will get Betsy. Betsy lost a ton of talent last year, but they do have Thomas back. He is probably the best running back in NE Tenn. If south don't control him, Betsy could take it all. North will get Unicoi, they still got Coach Norris.

Came across the thread and I was at the 7on7 at DB and I am a DB guy and don't have a dog in this race... but from what I saw the last game Unicoi beat North by 2 or 3 scores if I remember right. I know that is not what North does. But Unicoi appeared to take it to them the game I saw them compete head to head. Also I thought DB was the best team there. JMO

Edited by circlethewagons1

We can't seen to get a break either it is Alcoa, CAK and now Fulton. Wow but that is why they play the game

No doubt Fulton is loaded but I think that their is a team a little closer to East Tn that nobody on this forum has mentioned and that would be Greeneville. Chances are to get to Fulton you have to go thru the Devils and no doubt that definitely won't be an easy task. They were down a little last year but must have reloaded as Murphy Fair has the ranked #2 behind Fulton.

Came across the thread and I was at the 7on7 at DB and I am a DB guy and don't have a dog in this race... but from what I saw the last game Unicoi beat North by 2 or 3 scores if I remember right. I know that is not what North does. But Unicoi appeared to take it to them the game I saw them compete head to head. Also I thought DB was the best team there. JMO

I was there also, DB wasn't the best team there in my opinion. DB has alot of question at their QB position. South look the best, but I also remember the spring scrimmage. Unicoi did look okay, but everybody knows North wont pass the ball more than 5 times a game. Those scrimmages are like half empty bc it is just one part of the game, but they help teams to get better.

No doubt Fulton is loaded but I think that their is a team a little closer to East Tn that nobody on this forum has mentioned and that would be Greeneville. Chances are to get to Fulton you have to go thru the Devils and no doubt that definitely won't be an easy task. They were down a little last year but must have reloaded as Murphy Fair has the ranked #2 behind Fulton.

Believe me we are not taking anything away from Greenville, just that with alcoa and cak they were always defending state champs and always tgw team to beat. Like I've said before, who ever wins this quad should ein state.