Top 23 Games for Week 0: Cheatham County at Fairview

CoachT

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be an emotional week for Coach Michael Jackson coaching against his former team/alma mater.

Howd....you know how i feel brother. I can't wait to see coach Jackson this weekend. Couldn't imagine being in his or Cody's shoes right now.

I bet it will. It's a shame the school system over there in CC is in the shape it is. We are glad to have him, and I know these kids think the world of him already!

Jacket man it'll be good to see our teams line up again. Yeah it wont be the same as last year, but still I love this match up no matter the outcome. Two hard hitting teams is what football is all about brother. Coach Jackson is a great coach and any team that has him will have an outstanding team. He's a coach that just by looking at him demands respect. I'll be there early to meet and greet with you guys and chit chat with coach Jackson.

Does anybody not have any comments on this one.... or is it the calm before the storm.

JUNO...you hit the nail on the head man. It is the calm before the storm. Big Storm. Can't imagine what the CUB players are thinking as they take the field against one of their beloved coaches and for coach Jackson it has to be weighing heavy on his mind as well. It has to be really hard on them both Cub players and coach Jackson. Ultimately both teams want to walk away with a W in the column. Either way I don't see either side leaving this game without mutual respect for each other just as they have in the past. I know last year, both games, the CUBS were on pins and needles the entire week before each FV game.

Ahhh, #22 Garrett Wall. Yeah, he is quite the athlete, I do think he is the leader for this team this year. The one thing I can say is that this years Fairview team is a totally different team than the past 4-5 years. A lot of the same plays and formations, but the dynamic is a whole lot different. Our line is really small, But they are quick. Coach Jackson has been working on getting the boys (the line in particular) into incredible shape. I'm not going to give too much information, but just be expecting the linemen to be 15-20 yards downfield blocking for the running back. Oh, and if I forgot to mention, always keep your eye on 22, he could be anywhere, QB, RB, WR, TE, you name it.   :mrgreen:

Ahhh, #22 Garrett Wall. Yeah, he is quite the athlete, I do think he is the leader for this team this year. The one thing I can say is that this years Fairview team is a totally different team than the past 4-5 years. A lot of the same plays and formations, but the dynamic is a whole lot different. Our line is really small, But they are quick. Coach Jackson has been working on getting the boys (the line in particular) into incredible shape. I'm not going to give too much information, but just be expecting the linemen to be 15-20 yards downfield blocking for the running back. Oh, and if I forgot to mention, always keep your eye on 22, he could be anywhere, QB, RB, WR, TE, you name it. :mrgreen:

Well said Juno, well said!

A piece of my heart will be in Fairview tomorrow night awaiting the result of this one.  On one hand there's my family ties to a particular coach.  On another hand there's ties to the outstanding young men who I've watched grow for years in Cheatham County.  I hope for an injury free game where great sportsmanship is on display. 

A piece of my heart will be in Fairview tomorrow night awaiting the result of this one. On one hand there's my family ties to a particular coach. On another hand there's ties to the outstanding young men who I've watched grow for years in Cheatham County. I hope for an injury free game where great sportsmanship is on display.

Howdy, I'll tell you what. We'll host those Cubs and give them all we got like always! Regardless of score, we'll shake hands and talk about it afterwards just like we do. It will be a great atmosphere and start to the 2013 campaign, regardless of the outcome. Can't wait! Jacket Pride!