State champs

BigDaddy12345

well maybe you could suggest some names and people who knew that wrestler best could shout out their strengths and weaknesses. I feel like right now your question is so vague and open ended that you won't get a good answer

ex.

What made Kaleb Baker successful? physically strong and explosive, known for his dominance on his feet but could cradle from any position

Zach Watson? outstanding technique and awareness, incredibly flexible, never-ending gas tank

Those are two of my favorites to watch from the past few years, but I have seen most of the state champs wrestle a few times and can give my two cents about any specific ones you want

You can point out specific technique all day, but I bet there is one aspect that each of these wrestlers hold in common, and that would be off-season work ethic. I have heard it said that you have to put in 10,000 hours to master anything in life. It would be hard to get that kind of mat time from your HighSchool coach with all the restrictions TSSAA puts on athletes during the dead periods, so they must put the burden on themselves to train, find the best camps and open mats with the highest level of competition available to hone their craft. I am sure each of these wrestlers put in the extra work!

You can point out specific technique all day, but I bet there is one aspect that each of these wrestlers hold in common, and that would be off-season work ethic. I have heard it said that you have to put in 10,000 hours to master anything in life. It would be hard to get that kind of mat time from your HighSchool coach with all the restrictions TSSAA puts on athletes during the dead periods, so they must put the burden on themselves to train, find the best camps and open mats with the highest level of competition available to hone their craft. I am sure each of these wrestlers put in the extra work!

This ^^^^

From a mom's perspective, just observing lots of boys over the years - I think it is when they truly believe it BELONGS to them, that they have literally done everything they could do to prepare --- that's it is impossible there is anyone out there who wants it more or has worked as hard as they have to get it. It seems like hopefulness is replaced by a total, "it's time to go take care of business" attitude.

• Upvote 1