2013 West Tennessee Football

specialed

No disrespect at all to Middle and East Tennessee teams, but I am tired of only seeing most of the write-ups and player recognition about these guys. True, they have won most of the state championships, but also most of those players "fizzle out" when they hit DI if they even get there. West Tennessee gets left out too much, we do play football over here and have great players.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect at all to Middle and East Tennessee teams, but I am tired of only seeing most of the write-ups and player recognition about these guys. True, they have won most of the state championships, but also most of those players "fizzle out" when they hit DI if they even get there. West Tennessee gets left out too much, we do play football over here and have great players.

Strong words ed.... I'll bet you'll get lots of response, especially from the East TN guys!!!

Now if only we could get Camden to jump on board!! LOL!!! Long time no see Combs.... how ya been???

Chasing the dollar. All I want to do is move back to Tennessee but the opportunities keep coming from a little further north.

Camden will come along, in my opinion, when they ditch the wing T offense and move into the present. They have had some pretty good players go through and I hate it that they were running that archaic offense. I'd like to see more of a pro-I and single back two tight style, but there's a reason those guys are on the sideline and I'm in the medical lab.

I'd like to see more throwing and play action, and I'd like to see them take one of these big athletic guys we always seem to have and put him at tight end rather than tackle.

Once again though, I haven't seen them at all yet for the upcoming season. And even if I had I don't really have a dog in the hunt.

What's Milan got in store? Slow running backs and a passive defense? :mrgreen:

Chasing the dollar. All I want to do is move back to Tennessee but the opportunities keep coming from a little further north.

Camden will come along, in my opinion, when they ditch the wing T offense and move into the present. They have had some pretty good players go through and I hate it that they were running that archaic offense. I'd like to see more of a pro-I and single back two tight style, but there's a reason those guys are on the sideline and I'm in the medical lab.

I'd like to see more throwing and play action, and I'd like to see them take one of these big athletic guys we always seem to have and put him at tight end rather than tackle.

Once again though, I haven't seen them at all yet for the upcoming season. And even if I had I don't really have a dog in the hunt.

What's Milan got in store? Slow running backs and a passive defense? :mrgreen:

Actually, this is probably going to be a down year in Milan. We have only 2 starters returning.... one on each side of the ball. But a lot of the kids did see some playing time and there is talent. Now only if we had a good coach that could get them whipped into shape!! LOL!!! Your right... Camden has had a lot of talent over the years. I think the 2010 team that went 12-1 was a great team. I really that Camden was going to beat us in that quarterfinal game. Its just like you said the wing-T is so predictable. Morris sees it 5 times or more during the season. By the time he gets to Camden... the players are extremely prepared. Last year, seems like you guys were trying to pass more... at least until your qb went down. Probably not a bad idea.

Actually, this is probably going to be a down year in Milan. We have only 2 starters returning.... one on each side of the ball. But a lot of the kids did see some playing time and there is talent. Now only if we had a good coach that could get them whipped into shape!! LOL!!! Your right... Camden has had a lot of talent over the years. I think the 2010 team that went 12-1 was a great team. I really that Camden was going to beat us in that quarterfinal game. Its just like you said the wing-T is so predictable. Morris sees it 5 times or more during the season. By the time he gets to Camden... the players are extremely prepared. Last year, seems like you guys were trying to pass more... at least until your qb went down. Probably not a bad idea.

I think we have good coaches. And the boys play hard for them so that says a lot I think. Man, I'm ready for kickoff!!