How will Friendship do in D2?

TNHSfan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Webb is the undisputed "Kings" of this division. They will have by far the most Srs returning & one of the top 50 high school players in all the US. FC returns only a handful of Srs & only 2 who saw significant playing time last yr. additionally,

FC lost 4 Sr linemen who had each started for 3 yrs. They also lost all but one of their receivers. They do have a very good returning QB who is committed to Syracuse & 5 Jrs who were all region selections last yr as sophomores from the only region to ever produce 2 state champs in the same season. I'd say Webb will continue to dominate this season but FC & BGA will both be forces in 2014. Until then FC will have to settle for continuing to be Wilson County's best football & baseball program.

Edited by Volzchamps

Mark it down. Friendship will not 3peat! Top teams in D2 much better than Competition they been playing past couple years since trousdale has been down.

I don't see where anyone said FC will 3-peat. They've lost over 22 players the past 2 yrs to graduation. They will only have 4 or 5 Srs in 2013.

As for TC being "down" the past 2 yrs you must be mis-informed. They were down for them in 2012 losing in the 2nd round. But in 2011 they were ranked #1 all season in 2A before FC upset them on the creek bank on their run to the title. Many programs in TN can only hope to be as good in their best yrs as TC has been the past 2. If you think they're down call em up for a game, they'll play anyone - anytime (ex jamboree vs Beech & reg season games vs Gallatin).

Last yr FC could have played with Webb ( see boths results vs DCA) & would have won D2-A in 2011.

Edited by Volzchamps

Webb is the undisputed "Kings" of this division. They will have by far the most Srs returning & one of the top 50 high school players in all the US. FC returns only a handful of Srs & only 2 who saw significant playing time last yr. additionally,

FC lost 4 Sr linemen who had each started for 3 yrs. They also lost all but one of their receivers. They do have a very good returning QB who is committed to Syracuse & 5 Jrs who were all region selections last yr as sophomores from the only region to ever produce 2 state champs in the same season. I'd say Webb will continue to dominate this season but FC & BGA will both be forces in 2014. Until then FC will have to settle for continuing to be Wilson County's best football & baseball program.

Volz, FC has a great program and yes; you can say they were the best 2A football team in Wilson Central. But you cant say they were the best football team in Wilson County. FC did win the 2 A championship; but that does not make you better than Mt Juliet. MJ is by far the best program in Wilson County.

Volz, FC has a great program and yes; you can say they were the best 2A football team in Wilson Central. But you cant say they were the best football team in Wilson County. FC did win the 2 A championship; but that does not make you better than Mt Juliet. MJ is by far the best program in Wilson County.

Read carefully Kisler, i didn't say best team, I said best PROGRAM. With 2 state football titles and a runner up in the past 7 years FC has left no doubt. MJ plays for region titles while FC plays for state championships. You know, like MJ's girls basketball program. Edited by Volzchamps

Read carefully Kisler, i didn't say best team, I said best PROGRAM. With 2 state football titles and a runner up in the past 7 years FC has left no doubt. MJ plays for region titles while FC plays for state championships. You know, like MJ's girls basketball program.

Volz I hear you. But I consider 6A a whole different world then 2A. They are not even close. FC has a tremendous program. I consider MJ's to be better. Just a higher level of competition. Not taking anything away from FC's two championships.

BKisler, you just got trolled by Slim. I think we'll have a pretty decent year and probably get beat pretty bad against Webb in the regular season, but then give them a pretty good game in the playoffs. Just ask slim if we play any better in the playoffs than the regular season. My prediction for the year is 9-1 in the regular season and then lose to either BGA or Webb when we meet either one in the playoffs. Pretty safe prediction, but oh well

Some of you know the FC player names, some do not. All this talk about "no 3-peat". After the 2011 ring nearly everyone said "they are done for now-too many seniors" yet we had a better season in 2012 and "no" it wasn't solely because of AJ Long. What good would he have been with no line???Also, ever heard of Steven Hollis? (Now called "the rocket" and "the fastest white man on earth"). I don't think he even played in the 2011 ship yet was offensive MVP and also walked all over Boyd's huge D-line the week before (he was only a Sophomore last year by the way). True you look at the common denominator in both ships and you see these massive guys that are gone now (Dunn, Martin, Isbell, etc) but I personally know a rising Junior that, like Hollis his Freshman year, hasn't played much that will now be starting and will be a force to be "wreck"-end with! Webb will be tough and prob will wipe us off the map in the season BUT if you don't think FC can step it up in the playoffs, ask Trousdale, "Hey-what happened on 11/11/11?" Or type "Friendship Christian vs Trousdale" in YouTube. We were more of an underdog in that game than we will be WHEN we face Webb in the playoffs!

Volzchamps I agree with you. This team will be similar to my senior season, but I don't see them having as much along the LOS as we had. TNHSfan I think we have 3 good linemen on the team, who else do we have? I ask because I have no clue, but I do know that there needs to be more then 3. Also, I thought the 2012 team was better than the 2011 team the whole time.