Friday Night Main Event Pre-Season Top Ten in 4A

Friday Night Main Event is a show aired on 93.9 FM from 4-6 pm each Friday night during Football season. We interview Coaches and provide information on the biggest games for that particular night. We air our show on location at whatever game we decide to cover that given Friday. Here is our preseason top 10 for Class 4A:

1. Knoxville Fulton

2. Greeneville

3. Elizabethton

4. Signal Mountain

5. Giles County

6. White House

7. Trezevant

8. Knoxville Catholic

9. Liberty

10. Crockett County (tie)

10. Lexington (tie)

Teams to watch: Loudon, Dyersburg, Jackson Northside, Pearl Cohn

Im not sold on Greeneville nor Giles just yet as in top 5..Liberty may take awhile with their beginning of season tough schedule but should be in the mix for the gold at the end.barring injuries and coaching baffons ..Crockett is supposedly loaded for a big season and dont think Lexington could challege as a tie for 10..ive read Pearl is extremely ready for another explosive season..JMO..

All legitimate comments. Giles has a lot coming back, but it remains to be seen how the new staff gells. Greeneville has a lot returning as well and have proven to be one of the top programs year in and year out. Sullivan could make some noise, agreed, but I like the talent returning to Betsy this year. In the end, you can only pick so many, so that's what I went with. Always a couple of teams each year that'll make you look pretty dumb by the end of the season.

Im not sold on Greeneville nor Giles just yet as in top 5..Liberty may take awhile with their beginning of season tough schedule but should be in the mix for the gold at the end.barring injuries and coaching baffons ..Crockett is supposedly loaded for a big season and dont think Lexington could challege as a tie for 10..ive read Pearl is extremely ready for another explosive season..JMO..

Greeneville always seems to find a way to reload. LamDBman was correct in his assessment of Sullivan South at this point in time. There is a good chance that they will be in the top 10 by years end. They have a great upcoming Junior class who laid the wood to Greenevilles JV team when they were freshmen 2 years ago. Many of them started as Sophomores on the varsity last year in a 5A/6A conference and I expect big things from them over the next 2 years. It was "just a scrimmage" but I was also highly impressed with their showing against Dobyns-Bennett a couple months ago. 4A football is looking up in East Tennessee. Can't wait for kickoff !!!

Greeneville always seems to find a way to reload. LamDBman was correct in his assessment of Sullivan South at this point in time. There is a good chance that they will be in the top 10 by years end. They have a great upcoming Junior class who laid the wood to Greenevilles JV team when they were freshmen 2 years ago. Many of them started as Sophomores on the varsity last year in a 5A/6A conference and I expect big things from them over the next 2 years. It was "just a scrimmage" but I was also highly impressed with their showing against Dobyns-Bennett a couple months ago. 4A football is looking up in East Tennessee. Can't wait for kickoff !!!

Great post! I'm thinking South may be a season away also, but they may surprise some folks this season. It's fun to discuss where we feel teams will finish at this point in the preseason. As I said there are always a couple of teams that will prove all of us "experts" wrong...lol

I would definitely put Maplewood as a team to watch. I don't about top 10, but maybe. I am just looking at the list and cant see who you would move out to put Maplewood in???

You could absolutely make that argument. Very rich history. I hated to overload the "teams to watch area". No doubt a case could be made for at least 5-6 programs I don't have in my top ten. It's pure speculation by all of us at this point of the year. I do feel your State Champ will come from these ten. When its all said and done, that's the biggest prize!