Farragut Admirals

sports19

For the scrimmage, Farragut's 1s dominated Rhea County's 1s, but their 2s dominated our 2s. That just shows the lack of depth that we have, especially on the OL. I did hear the parents say we were missing a starting guard, not sure if left or right, but none the less those guys upfront MUST stay healthy for Farragut to have a solid season. The 2nd team Farragut Def, look solid in a few spots, but weak in others. Wish I had got to see the freshmen, but didn't know they were even there until the end of the scrimmage when they came over to the game field. 

Not sure how you determined this, although Rhea got a slow start defensively during the first two series, I would not call it domination.  Farragut's ones scored 5 times, Rhea's scored 4.  The slow start allowed two easy drives that led to two early scores.  Once Rhea's defense got out the sand and started playing it was a totally different scrimmage.  I concede that Farragut looked better, but not dominating by any means.

Edited by SFW

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut 1s vs. Rhea Co. 1s

Farragut-45

Rhea Co.- 21

I would say that the Rhea Co. defense had no answer for the Farragut offense and our running game.

I won't argue any further than this final post since it's certainly not a big deal.  But Farragut picked up a Rhea fumble and returned it for a TD which the refs didn't count (I'm assuming you are) because they gave the ball back to Farragut on the 35 where they did go on to score from.  That would make the admirals 38 since your kicker converted a 40+ yard field goal (very impressive kicker by the way).  And check your game film again please, Rhea's ones scored 4 TDs and missed a field goal attempt.  That would make the one's final

Farragut-38

Rhea Co.-28

I wanted to add, that your team played with a lot of class and poise, I thought your players worked hard didn't waste a scrimmage opportunity talking trash and being thugs, we appreciate the solid competition and sportsmanship you guys brought.  That hasn't been our experience with some of the teams we've scrimmaged in recent past.

I won't argue any further than this final post since it's certainly not a big deal.  But Farragut picked up a Rhea fumble and returned it for a TD which the refs didn't count (I'm assuming you are) because they gave the ball back to Farragut on the 35 where they did go on to score from.  That would make the admirals 38 since your kicker converted a 40+ yard field goal (very impressive kicker by the way).  And check your game film again please, Rhea's ones scored 4 TDs and missed a field goal attempt.  That would make the one's final

Farragut-38

Rhea Co.-28

I wanted to add, that your team played with a lot of class and poise, I thought your players worked hard didn't waste a scrimmage opportunity talking trash and being thugs, we appreciate the solid competition and sportsmanship you guys brought.  That hasn't been our experience with some of the teams we've scrimmaged in recent past.

This is more like the score of the game.  

Just giving my opinion, he gave up multiple TDs last year and from what I saw the other night, it doesn't look like he has improved much. I hope I am wrong.

As for Alcoa losing a some kids to Maryville, I guess after reading your answer, the answer is No?? I have talked to a couple of guy that used to be on the Farragut staff that are now on the Alcoa staff and they told me they had lost some kids to Maryville, I hope for Farragut's sake that is not true.

I really don't think these two coaches you are talking about would say this they played for GQ and there is a third coach from Farragut at Alcoa now he went over there this year.   

I really don't think these two coaches you are talking about would say this they played for GQ and there is a third coach from Farragut at Alcoa now he went over there this year.   

I phrased that wrong, I was told by on of the coaches that used to be on the Farragut staff that they had lost some kids to Maryville. You are right though, there are three former Farragut guys on that staff now. Just passing along what I have heard, don't shoot the messenger.

Was that for the whole scrimmage or the first 3 series? lol

The whole scrimmage they had to postpone for a little while because of a thunderstorm.  They started with working on the kicking game with kickoff return and kickoff coverage with both teams.  Then they played the scrimmage like a game.