Farragut Admirals

sports19

Speaking of touchy fans , I'll never forget that game against Farragut in 2009 ... Due to lack of seating myself and a bunch of other Rebel fans got to hear how lucky we'd been down in little ol 4a all these years and welcome to playing the big boys ... I listened to a father tell his pre teen daughter that Maryville and Alcoa had only won so much because they played those tiny schools and plus they cheated ... Of course in the second half I got to see a whole bunch of Farragut fans in suits holler F bombs at the refs in front of all the kids ... Lol ... Farragut does have a great baseball team though ...

Pep, What do the fans over in Middle and West Tn say when you travel there about the Big Boys?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny because when I first started posting here I imagined I would make it my mission to torment the maryville crowd. Things turned out totally different because I have had the urge to rile up just about every other fanbase besides maryvilles. The maryville guys on here seem cool and down to earth but I get the impression that most of you are older. I will be honest, I hated maryville for a long time because I went to that school for awhile in the mid 2000s and hated most of the kids I met there. Alot of them were

rich and snobby and looked down on me because I'm a country boy from mcminn county. I don't get the snobby vibe from any of the maryville people here but then again maryville has changed a lot in the last 20 years.

Its funny because when I first started posting here I imagined I would make it my mission to torment the maryville crowd. Things turned out totally different because I have had the urge to rile up just about every other fanbase besides maryvilles. The maryville guys on here seem cool and down to earth but I get the impression that most of you are older. I will be honest, I hated maryville for a long time because I went to that school for awhile in the mid 2000s and hated most of the kids I met there. Alot of them were

rich and snobby and looked down on me because I'm a country boy from mcminn county. I don't get the snobby vibe from any of the maryville people here but then again maryville has changed a lot in the last 20 years.

91....would you believe that 41% of the Maryville students are on the assisted lunch program?

SS, I gotta get my fix somewhere. These boards are entertaining for 4 months out if the year. I get my UT fix from Volnation. Some real conspiracy theories on that site.

Starpower.....do you think you will ever get to complain about a bad call in the State Championship game in your lifetime? Just curious what your thoughts are.

91....would you believe that 41% of the Maryville students are on the assisted lunch program?

Yes,

Especially now. But you gotta realize I was there

prior to the economy tanking in 08, I was there in

06. I'm not saying anything bad about maryville just being honest and telling the impression I got from my time there. I used to hate the school with a passion and now I kind of root for them except when they are playing wb of course. I was even kind of bummed when they lost to whitehaven.

Yes,

Especially now. But you gotta realize I was there

prior to the economy tanking in 08, I was there in

06. I'm not saying anything bad about maryville just being honest and telling the impression I got from my time there. I used to hate the school with a passion and now I kind of root for them except when they are playing wb of course. I was even kind of bummed when they lost to whitehaven.

All my brothers and I would of probably thought you were rich compared to what we were ... the older you get the more you realize how most stereotypes don't hold true . The fans from CoachT that I have met have ALL been great ... think about it , everybody here really loves High School Football , we all have that in Common ...

All my brothers and I would of probably thought you were rich compared to what we were ... the older you get the more you realize how most stereotypes don't hold true . The fans from CoachT that I have met have ALL been great ... think about it , everybody here really loves High School Football , we all have that in Common ...[/

quote]

Yes and I don't feel any bad feelings towards any team anymore. A big reason I had bad feelings towards maryville was the heated rivalry they had with blount back in 06/07. I don't know if it was felt by most of the fans at the games but it was drfinitely there between the students and players, there was a lot of bad blood. It was sort of an us against them mentality and since I was a wb fan I had bad feelings towards maryville.