Beech's New Safety, Jalen Hurd . . . thoughts?

To address the original question, "thoughts?", I don't really have any.  However, I do have 3 poorly considered knee jerk responses.

1   Beech is using strategery in claiming last year's best player will play defense.  He will run the ball on offense until he is stopped, then they will pass to him until he is stopped, then they will lateral to him.  If that fails, he will come in as quarterback and sneak it

2   Five years ago, the state's best player was recruited to a large, storied SEC university to play football for a first year, unproven coach.  It is my humblist opinion that this was a very bad decision on the player's part.  I hope last year's greatest player doesn't let this get in the back of his mind, being recruited to a storied university to play football for a first year, unproven coach and all

3   Someone is going to reply, regarding Fact #1 above that last year's greatest player can't be stopped

4   Others will be offended at Fact #2

5   Henry County fans are eerily quiet for this time of year, possibly in dread of the upcoming season, or is it for some other reason?

6   The recruiter of last year's greatest football player, having had modicums of success at Ferris State University and Wilkes University, has never had success as a head coach except in the footsteps of last year's D-1 national runner up coach Brian Kelly

7   LaDanian Tomlinson did not gain notice in high school in the safety position, nor did Marcus Dupree

Any word on the dickson scrimmage?

Beech handled them pretty easily (35-6) before the game was rained out at half-time. 

And since this topic is about Jalen at FS, here's a small clip of what opposing teams have to look forward to this season. 

Update: Wrong link.

Here's the right one. 

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/857957/highlights/58842629

Edited by Vol74

To address the original question, "thoughts?", I don't really have any.  However, I do have 3 poorly considered knee jerk responses.

1   Beech is using strategery in claiming last year's best player will play defense.  He will run the ball on offense until he is stopped, then they will pass to him until he is stopped, then they will lateral to him.  If that fails, he will come in as quarterback and sneak it

2   Five years ago, the state's best player was recruited to a large, storied SEC university to play football for a first year, unproven coach.  It is my humblist opinion that this was a very bad decision on the player's part.  I hope last year's greatest player doesn't let this get in the back of his mind, being recruited to a storied university to play football for a first year, unproven coach and all

3   Someone is going to reply, regarding Fact #1 above that last year's greatest player can't be stopped

4   Others will be offended at Fact #2

5   Henry County fans are eerily quiet for this time of year, possibly in dread of the upcoming season, or is it for some other reason?

6   The recruiter of last year's greatest football player, having had modicums of success at Ferris State University and Wilkes University, has never had success as a head coach except in the footsteps of last year's D-1 national runner up coach Brian Kelly

7   LaDanian Tomlinson did not gain notice in high school in the safety position, nor did Marcus Dupree

What's going on here?  Other than Fact number 1, I've never put so much bait on a trolling line.  Can any of you read?