Warren County?

Great hire if they did hire Smith.

Great hire IF they let him bring the assistants he wants and coach his way. Hopefully WC has learned from the last four years and took a look at the coaches they've had and the success those people had once they left. Gary Rankin, Heath Woods, Glen Campbell are a few that come to mind

That name was one of the 5 finalists that I heard. Supposedly Cotton has taken the position of head coach for F.C. Boyd's new football program, which could pose a problem for the Pioneers. If Boyd runs it like their basketball and baseball programs they will try and take any good players from the WC team. But my question to any potential departing players is why would you leave a TSSAA program for one that plays against mostly home school teams?  I don't think a lot of college recruiters attend those games

Boyd doesn't even have enough boys to fill a team do they? As for college recruiters I don't see them beating down the door at WCHS. The kids get notice when you attend camps and combines which brings the coaches out to watch them.

Boyd doesn't even have enough boys to fill a team do they? As for college recruiters I don't see them beating down the door at WCHS. The kids get notice when you attend camps and combines which brings the coaches out to watch them.

Boyd doesn't have enough going to school there, but their baseball teams let kids that don't even attend school there to play, which I imagine that's how they intend to fill the team. Any how I hope the committee has done a good job picking the coach because the future of the football program is on their heads now.

Sounds like the committie has done a good job and the powers to be (AD, school board, Director of schools)  have the program heading in the right direction!

Maybe it took Ronnie Brown and Jimmy Walker on the committee to bring some common sense to the committee. They won a state championship in baseball, I know that's not football but they know how to maneuver thru the minefield that is coaching in Warren County. I hope so.