Oak Ridge football

rallykat

As for the crowd, I know this may come across a little negative but the crowd in the bleachers on  the concession stand side was all SD. I was sitting with the parents of Jeff Bryant who played for Oak Ridge and is a coach for SD. Really huge crowd no matter where they came from, though.

And I guess I'll take a sip of the kool-aid and say that we did look better than I thought we would. We didn't really show much, but that's Joe's way. And the deep throws by SD only helps teach our DB's . The Farr-a-gut-less game is the key. Beat em or make agood showing and we rip and tear through the rest of the season. Well we still gotta beat Powell and the cows over to AC but you never know.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

As for the crowd, I know this may come across a little negative but the crowd in the bleachers on the concession stand side was all SD. I was sitting with the parents of Jeff Bryant who played for Oak Ridge and is a coach for SD. Really huge crowd no matter where they came from, though.

And I guess I'll take a sip of the kool-aid and say that we did look better than I thought we would. We didn't really show much, but that's Joe's way. And the deep throws by SD only helps teach our DB's . The Farr-a-gut-less game is the key. Beat em or make agood showing and we rip and tear through the rest of the season. Well we still gotta beat Powell and the cows over to AC but you never know.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

There were some SD fans in the bleachers for sure but not nearly all of them were from SD. I was standing in the area. My parents were in the bleachers with several of their friends. But you're right, the crowd was huge.

I guess I was just surprised that so many SD people came over to a scrimmage. But they do seem to have turned it around over there. Used to be everybody's doormat.

Our receivers seemed to catch every thing that was thrown "at" them, for the most part the QB's did a good job.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

I guess I was just surprised that so many SD people came over to a scrimmage. But they do seem to have turned it around over there. Used to be everybody's doormat.

Our receivers seemed to catch every thing that was thrown "at" them, for the most part the QB's did a good job.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I agree. I was surprised by the SD turnout and their team is good

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

The QBs were ok but how long are we going to play with four? The other teams aren't doing that. We better decide on one but who? Maybe that's the problem.

Edited by catswild

The problem I have is that nobody stands out. Warrington started yesterday. Does that mean anything?

They have all started in dif. orders in the scrimmage and the 7 on 7's  I wouldn't read much into it.

I still don't know if 14 could be an every down QB, but they need to get him the ball, he is quick and gets every yard he can. I was impressed with him yesterday for sure.

They have all started in dif. orders in the scrimmage and the 7 on 7's I wouldn't read much into it.

I still don't know if 14 could be an every down QB, but they need to get him the ball, he is quick and gets every yard he can. I was impressed with him yesterday for sure.

I was too but I'm not sure how well he throws. Since nobody stands I'd go with a sophomore.

I still think once Henderson is medically cleared (August 23?) he will become the QB. Not the Farragut game but later. To see who got the start in the 7 on 7's, the QBs were given a knowledge based test. Warrington did the best. Maybe it was the same for the scrimmage? I think they have to start Young against Farragut and give others a good look against Clinton.

And I agree, Dunbar has to get the ball somehow.

Edited by OR nole

I was too but I'm not sure how well he throws. Since nobody stands I'd go with a sophomore.

I guess I'm seeing something different than you fellers. I thought with the lack of big play speed, possession is the key, and 13 was solid. 1 fumbled snap but other than that he completed every throw and pulled it down when he should have. NO MISTAKES, that's the key to winning with little experience. JMO