Oak Ridge football

rallykat

I know i'm old school and old school seems to get on some people's nerves, but it seems that our former coach was kinda taking away all of our uniform traditions. White is in no way an Oak Ridge color.(Not either of our primary colors, at least. Yes, we have white away jersey's) Never has been, and never should be. Just my two cents, but i'm not anyone important. And ahh well, that's ok. I can live with the new jersey's. They aren't too bad.

I consider myself a traditional guy as well -And I know high school and college are very different-But even Notre Dame is updating their uniforms with some additional styles and it doesn't get more traditional than ND. The University of Oregon is another team that seems to get a lot of players and new fans interested in the program based on mixing up their uniforms. I know it has been stated on here before that the kids opinions don't matter- but they love this stuff. I'm all for mixing it up a little bit I like that red on red- I love the white pants- I loved the new logo. Edited by bladerunner

I consider myself a traditional guy as well -And I know high school and college are very different-But even Notre Dame is updating their uniforms with some additional styles and it doesn't get more traditional than ND. The University of Oregon is another team that seems to get a lot of players and new fans interested in the program based on mixing up their uniforms. I know it has been stated on here before that the kids opinions don't matter- but they love this stuff. I'm all for mixing it up a little bit I like that red on red- I love the white pants- I loved the new logo.

I'm torn on all of this. I wouldn't be for black pants but I'm not sure I would oppose white pants. Both logos are great. I hope someone calls Gaddis on his show and gets his opinion on all of this (I nominate you Bladerunner).  LOL

Although I really like the style of he newer jerseys, I do prefer the color of the older ones that got handed down to the Freshmen. Given the cost of the new ones (the numbers ate sown on cloth, as opposed to screen printed ones), I expect they'll be with us a few years.

Yes, Blade did try to change everything about the colors. I can't imagine why he would order white pants. I guess he thought we were Alabama.

The other thing is that over the years, the colors at Blankenship got darker and darker. We've been up there every night for two weeks painting all the red to be closer to the cardinal it's suppose to be.

I think his opinion is no white pants. No black pants. No red on red. The old logo--- etc. When it comes down to it- the difference in the age of the Coaches probably has something to do with it. Blade was in his late 30's---- Gaddis is in his early 60's--- so they will prob. Not agree.

Edited by bladerunner

Although I really like the style of he newer jerseys, I do prefer the color of the older ones that got handed down to the Freshmen. Given the cost of the new ones (the numbers ate sown on cloth, as opposed to screen printed ones), I expect they'll be with us a few years.

Yes, Blade did try to change everything about the colors. I can't imagine why he would order white pants. I guess he thought we were Alabama.

The other thing is that over the years, the colors at Blankenship got darker and darker. We've been up there every night for two weeks painting all the red to be closer to the cardinal it's suppose to be.

I think his opinion is no white pants. No black pants. No red on red. The old logo--- etc. When it comes down to it- the difference in the age of the Coaches probably has something to do with it. Blade was in his late 30's---- Gaddis is in his early 60's--- so they will prob. Not agree.

I'm sure that has something to do with it. I do see the value in updating uniforms to appeal to the kids, but keep the colors as true as possible.

Instead of thinking what his opinion is why don't YOU call him and ask him once his show starts. I would like to hear "Old Man Gaddis" speak for himself on this issue. LOL

I was involved in painting a few years ago and the cardinal turned to more of a maroon in stead of fading it got darker and the grey turned a light tan. go figure

And about the pants, a rumor that's been around for a while.

I can't ever see us wearn black -but as for the white pants- I think they look great and they are an official color that we wear.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I meant no disrespect abt the age. An example : I am in my late 30's so

My opinion will differ from an 18 year old on style.

I didn't think you were being disrespectful I just thought it was funny. I do wish you, or somebody would ask him the question on live TV about the uniforms, colors, logo, black pants, white pants, etc. so we would truly know how he feels.