Tellico

Oliver springs

Midway

Harriman

Coalfield

Oakdale

Greenback

Sunbright

Grace, Meigs and Onieda will be battling all year for the top spots. I think district 3 will be stronger than district 4 this year.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top players in district 3 & 4 and in Region 2:

District 3-Top 5 no order

Harris-Tellico

Duggins-Grace

Player from Meigs- don't know her name but a player

Hensley - Grace

Napier-Rockwood

District 4- Top 5 no order

Morgan-Oneida

Griffith- O S

Griffith-O S

Hamby-Wartburg

Post Player-Oneida--forgot her name

Region -2 Top 5 no Order

Duggins-Grace

Harris-Tellico

Meigs girl-sorry don't know her name

Hensley-Grace

Griffith girls- Both of them (I know its 6)

What do you think?????  Just to start some conversation

There are a lot of very good players on the Lady Indians roster.....the post player your thinking of is Stephens.  Not internal problems, but more to the line of cohesive integrity.  The players don't always have their eye on the prize so to speak.  When that happens they are not as formatible as they could be.

I think you will be surprised by the District 4 Top Five at the end of the year....there are some good players around different teams.  I will go with one Griffith (won't say which one)(lol), and I think they are both solid players by the way!  Stephens is a solid pick when she stays under control and finishes plays around the rim.  After that it really is dependant on how the rest plays.

I think Oneida will be really good this year.  

I also don't think you can count Wartburg out of the Region or District either.  They had Grace down over 20 points at MTSU and simply played everyone the remainder of the game.  According to those at the game Grace only took the lead late 4th quarter vs. Wartburg's Bench.  Wartburg also played Jackson Co. to overtime at MTSU.  The Lady Bulldogs also return 4 starters from last years team and return 6 of their top 8 in the rotation, they have 2 really solid soph. players a guard and a post that look to add to their depth.  It's going to be a fun year to watch.  Makes me wish mine hadn't graduated.  

I would say that Grace, Wartburg, Oneida, and Meigs are the best in the Region and any one of the 4 could win it!  I'm not trying to take anything away from any team.  It looks like this Region is going to be very strong this year and next.  

I don't know how you can have a top 5 in district 4 and not list Phillips from Wartburg.  She is a 2 time District 4A Tournament MVP and averages over 15ppg.

Edited by bulldogplayermom

I was at that game at MTSU and remember it was a camp game. The grace coach was very upset with his teams start an pulled all starters in first 10 min and played reserves. When the first team came back in and it was a different story. Warburg did play well and don't want to take away from that. Just saying it was camp and coaches use games to teach and sometimes to make points. Grace lost to Oliver Springs but played mostly second team, three starters didn't play at all. So camp is camp. Also my bad about girl from Warburg, just don't know players as well in district 4.

I wouldn't define a top five in either district.  There are certainly players to watch for, but how they all play this year is yet to be determined.  Oakdale has a very good point guard and Jellico may find a player or two with their new coach (Jackson).  Oneida is d-e-e-p with a number of players that can gardner post season recognition, heck they had a non-starter make the All-District Tournament Team and she was a Freshman.  I'd also think Coalfield has a couple of solid guards back from last year.  I think the other two posts (besides Stephens) are usually solid on occasion too.

Just saying, hard to get a bead early.

• 2 months later...