District 4AA this season

QSouth89

Thanks to everyone who is praying about Austin Morrow. wbir channel 10 has a video on this, along with a clip of the play where it happened.

Still in serious condition, but stable.

Highlanders beat Kingston tonight to move to 3-3 in the District with Catholic.

We got two games with CAK left and they look like their hitting a pretty good stride.

Meyers had 24 tonight Butts had 18

Butts had 32 last night against Alcoa and had 23 Monday at Sweetwater

How do they determine tie breakers in the District?

I think by better overall record.  So if Catholic beats Alcoa, Alcoa would fall into a tie with CAK for second place.  Then CAK would take the #1 seed because their overall record is better.  If both teams had the same record, I think the next thing they would look at is the head-to-head matchups between the two teams. 

Likewise, if Alcoa beats Catholic and then Kingston on Tuesday, they will clinch the #1 seed, even if CAK wins out.

So like I said, CAK will be big Catholic fans tomorrow night.

I think by better overall record. So if Catholic beats Alcoa, Alcoa would fall into a tie with CAK for second place. Then CAK would take the #1 seed because their overall record is better. If both teams had the same record, I think the next thing they would look at is the head-to-head matchups between the two teams.

Likewise, if Alcoa beats Catholic and then Kingston on Tuesday, they will clinch the #1 seed, even if CAK wins out.

So like I said, CAK will be big Catholic fans tomorrow night.

You mean to tell me no coin flip????
  • Upvote 1

CAK starts two freshman & 6th man didn't even play BB last year... Play two seniors, two juniors and the rest are freshman and sophomores.

It appears that CAK and Catholic will have some battles the next three years with all this youth. Catholic loses 2 starters but they start 2 freshman and they play 2 more freshman and a sophomore in their 10 man rotation, they will return their 2nd thru 8 top scorers next year and get Jordan Anderson back who was the KIL Sophomore of the year last year. Add point guard Amari Rodgers to that mix and the Irish are setting themselves up nicely. If the chemistry is there and no one cares about stats but winning. They do have 3 juniors who play heavy minutes as well. Edited by QSouth89

Great game tonight. Irish down big early and scrap back to make it a one point game late in the 4th quarter. Alcoa nailed some big 3s throughout the game to stop Irish runs. Teeter EXPLODES for two moster dunks that were SportsCenter worthy. The Irish lost another player from an inadvertent elbow on a drive. Now down 3 starters from the summer lineup.

Nice to meet you JDizzle. Thanks for introducing yourself. Look forward to seeing you next week at the tourney.

IrishBBall, it was great to meet you!

QSouth89, sorry I didn't get to say hey, but I'll watch for you in the district tournament (at Alcoa).

Best of luck to you guys between now and then. If Alcoa wins at Kingston tomorrow, the Tornadoes will clinch the #1 seed.

CAK beat Scott tonight, and if they beat Scott the second time too, then Catholic can clinch the #3 seed if you guys win at Kingston.

Kingston would have to beat both Alcoa and Catholic to avoid the bottom seed (#5).

If I'm not mistaken, the 4 seed will play the 5 seed for the District Tournament "play-in" game, with the winner going to the district semis and regionals, and the loser going home.

By all means correct me if I'm wrong.

IrishBBall, it was great to meet you!

QSouth89, sorry I didn't get to say hey, but I'll watch for you in the district tournament (at Alcoa).

Best of luck to you guys between now and then. If Alcoa wins at Kingston tomorrow, the Tornadoes will clinch the #1 seed.

CAK beat Scott tonight, and if they beat Scott the second time too, then Catholic can clinch the #3 seed if you guys win at Kingston.

Kingston would have to beat both Alcoa and Catholic to avoid the bottom seed (#5).

If I'm not mistaken, the 4 seed will play the 5 seed for the District Tournament "play-in" game, with the winner going to the district semis and regionals, and the loser going home.

By all means correct me if I'm wrong.

According to the standings Kingston is 5th no matter what.  Even if the Yellow Jackets manage to beat Alcoa and Catholic they would only have 2 districts wins.  Catholic needs to win at Kingston and Scott to lose at CAK in order to finish 3rd.