DISTRICT 15AA PREDICTIONS?

CHARGERFAN

Well, week zero brought some interesting results.

Covington proves to not be totally washed up as some had thought, winning handily at Munford. Haywood, Ripley, and Jackson Northside also picked up big wins.

Liberty and JCM both lost by fairly big margins. I saw a lot of info on how good each of them was going to be this season in this thread. I know it is a long season, but what happened?

Did week zero change anyone's mind on how the season will play out?

Edited by CHARGERFAN

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 1 District schedule:

Hillcrest @ Covington

Haywood @ Dyersburg

Jackson Northside @ Hardin County

Fayette Ware @ J C M

Memphis North Side @ Ripley

Liberty Tech @ Brentwood Academy

Wow, did Liberty schedule like this on purpose? This is a serious question. I would like to know if the coaching staff wanted to play these tough games to start the season, or what? If they planned it this way, why?

Edited by CHARGERFAN

haywood beats a team...booker t washington...that won all of 3 games last season...and then got blown out in the 1st round of their playoffs...at 2A level mind u...65-12...but yes lets crown them district champs

ripley beats oakhaven who won...wait for it...1 game last season...thats right...1 game...but yea i think theyre gona be better than liberty and jcm

covington beats munford...a decent team...but when they lose they get pooped on...verdict still out on covington...but with 35 players or so...and the fact that they couldnt stop jackson southside in their scrimmage...i doubt things will go well for the chargers this season...but at least ur off to a good start

NS beats dyer co and shows they can put a defense on the field...nothing new here...they can definitely take the district title if they stay healthy

JCM...well the only ones giving them a chance are themselves and thats just fine cause it would be wrong if they didnt feel that way...but a reality check was fun for the rest of us last night wasnt it...JCM = no D...

and then theres liberty...played Henry County...whom im guessing is just some scrub team according to some of these posts...was up 21-7 and lost 40-21...got out of the game without any injuries and it became very obvious that team conditioning was a huge factor...HC couldnt stop liberty...but cramps sure could...i doubt that will be an issue in 2 or 3 weeks...pretty sure theyre gona be doing a lot more running after practice...no excuse for something like that at this level of play

haywood beats a team...booker t washington...that won all of 3 games last season...and then got blown out in the 1st round of their playoffs...at 2A level mind u...65-12...but yes lets crown them district champs

ripley beats oakhaven who won...wait for it...1 game last season...thats right...1 game...but yea i think theyre gona be better than liberty and jcm

covington beats munford...a decent team...but when they lose they get pooped on...verdict still out on covington...but with 35 players or so...and the fact that they couldnt stop jackson southside in their scrimmage...i doubt things will go well for the chargers this season...but at least ur off to a good start

NS beats dyer co and shows they can put a defense on the field...nothing new here...they can definitely take the district title if they stay healthy

JCM...well the only ones giving them a chance are themselves and thats just fine cause it would be wrong if they didnt feel that way...but a reality check was fun for the rest of us last night wasnt it...JCM = no D...

and then theres liberty...played Henry County...whom im guessing is just some scrub team according to some of these posts...was up 21-7 and lost 40-21...got out of the game without any injuries and it became very obvious that team conditioning was a huge factor...HC couldnt stop liberty...but cramps sure could...i doubt that will be an issue in 2 or 3 weeks...pretty sure theyre gona be doing a lot more running after practice...no excuse for something like that at this level of play

wanted to clarify b4 someone got nasty...we were up 14-7 at half...i thought we scored on the 2nd half kickoff but it was actually after HC scored to make it 14-13...then we scored on a kickoff to make it 21-13...then all the brimstone let loose

my bad

Well, DHS, I suppose that nobody else wants to discuss this district. Do you think Liberty can get conditioned to avoid cramping once the season has begun?

My guess is that goes back to their off-season program and wii haunt them all season.

nah...as far as weights...were a good bit more physical than last year...thicker if u will...

as far as wind...well lets just say todays practice and hopefully the rest of the weeks is concentrated on that aspect...i dont expect the cramps to be an issue after the BA game

on a side note...we did have 2 linemen out for the HC game...1 is a starter and i would consider him our best O lineman...the other is our 1st sub and 3rd down guy on D...both were unavailable due to injury but should be back this week and surely for the haywood game...these guys being out really hurt us...normally we only have 1 guy...a safety...goin both ways...this forced us to play guys out of their normal positions and doubling up...

we should be fine

i maintain my prior prediction

liberty should win this district barring injury...

NS and covington can score points and have the coaches to field solid Ds...but i do think covington is going to have issues with depth

jcm still has some defensive issues that will haunt them

and the other 2 teams...i dont really think can score against a good defense

haywoods defense will keep them in several games...i dont expect them to get blown out very often...they could pull an upset or 2

Edited by dhstennis

AFTER 1ST GAMES  having been played ...IMO Liberty will win this district if they dont suffer multiple injuries from their 1st 5 games ..it should only make them stronger for district play and a nice playoff run....NS will provide them their biggest challange district-wise ,..we'll see

Covington will be just fine. Our lack of numbers won't affect us much. You can only put 11 out there at a time, and that will make us fine with our smaller numbers. 

Our superior conditioning will help us get through games without a lot of substituting. I will put our summer program up against anybody. I also think that our defense will be our strength.

The offense needs to just run the ball, not make mistakes like turnovers and drive-ending penalties, and get first downs. If we do that, all else will fall into place. I am not predicting another shot at the gold ball, but I do expect us to compete.

If you are counting Covington out, you may want to reconsider. 

Edited by CHARGERFAN

careful chargerfan...im tryin to tell u...that D or urs needs some work...

u dont give up 28 points in a scrimmage to SS and think things are going to be ok...

SS wont score 28 points but in 2 games this season...fayette ware and bolivar...they may not accumulate 28 points total throughout the rest of the season

and having 35 guys is ok....until those lil things called injuries pop up