DISTRICT 15AA PREDICTIONS?

CHARGERFAN

So, as a Covington fan, I am interested in what the pundits have to say about this new district that we are in.

I'll begin by saying that the Chargers were hit hard by graduation. Can good coaching overcome the talent loss? We'll see as the season progresses.

How about the remainder of the district?

Haywood and Ripley are familiar faces and we somewhat know what to expect from them. How about the Jackson area schools? It has been a while since we played either North Side or JCM. We have never played Liberty Tech as far as I am aware.

I invite your thoughts.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, as a Covington fan, I am interested in what the pundits have to say about this new district that we are in.

I'll begin by saying that the Chargers were hit hard by graduation. Can good coaching overcome the talent loss? We'll see as the season progresses.

How about the remainder of the district?

Haywood and Ripley are familiar faces and we somewhat know what to expect from them. How about the Jackson area schools? It has been a while since we played either North Side or JCM. We have never played Liberty Tech as far as I am aware.

I invite your thoughts.

Never played Liberty before????  You don't remember your boys playing them in the playoffs last year???

ahahahaahah   best jab ever...u know chargerfan...if we had shown up after the 1st drive of the game  u might have remembered us...alas...we did not

teams in 15AA are??? ripley, haywood, covington, north side, liberty and jcm...correct???

honestly and no bias...we have a good team at TECH this season...at this moment in time not nearly as skilled as our playoff run last year...but good enough to win

prediction based on what ive heard of scrimmages thus far

liberty   run defense looked great in memphis...pass D...not so much 

covington/north side   both lost a lot to graduation but have the coaches to stay atop this league

haywood   things were looking up at the end of last season

jcm    coaching change is going to upset what the cougars had coming together

ripley  have no idea how young these boys were last year

i did check the head to heads from last season...i realize that ripley and jcm beat haywood

i have seen nothing whatsoever to suggest that jcm can make the leap to compete with liberty

covington scrimmaged south side friday...heard it ended up 4-4 but SS jumped out to a 2-0 lead early...SS is going to have an awful season this year...i have no doubt that driggers can get them competing again very soon...but not this soon...also heard covington only showed up with 33 players...i told my buddy that the varsity went to scrimmage at NS and sent the jv to SS to play...totally kidding...he believed it for a second tho

i think haywood has the most talent outside of liberty...especially on defense...but i have no idea how they will be used with the new coach

jcm has some serious horses...4 or 5 of them...but horses get tired when there is no downtime for rest...their studs will have to play 2-way and that doesnt go well for a full season at the higher levels when other teams arent doing it

a lot of teams in this district are going to be at the .500 level...maybe even sub .500

i could see liberty winning the district with a 5-5 record overall...i think we all know why

ahahahaahah   best jab ever...u know chargerfan...if we had shown up after the 1st drive of the game  u might have remembered us...alas...we did not

teams in 15AA are??? ripley, haywood, covington, north side, liberty and jcm...correct???

honestly and no bias...we have a good team at TECH this season...at this moment in time not nearly as skilled as our playoff run last year...but good enough to win

prediction based on what ive heard of scrimmages thus far

liberty   run defense looked great in memphis...pass D...not so much 

covington/north side   both lost a lot to graduation but have the coaches to stay atop this league

haywood   things were looking up at the end of last season

jcm    coaching change is going to upset what the cougars had coming together

ripley  have no idea how young these boys were last year

i did check the head to heads from last season...i realize that ripley and jcm beat haywood

i have seen nothing whatsoever to suggest that jcm can make the leap to compete with liberty

covington scrimmaged south side friday...heard it ended up 4-4 but SS jumped out to a 2-0 lead early...SS is going to have an awful season this year...i have no doubt that driggers can get them competing again very soon...but not this soon...also heard covington only showed up with 33 players...i told my buddy that the varsity went to scrimmage at NS and sent the jv to SS to play...totally kidding...he believed it for a second tho

i think haywood has the most talent outside of liberty...especially on defense...but i have no idea how they will be used with the new coach

jcm has some serious horses...4 or 5 of them...but horses get tired when there is no downtime for rest...their studs will have to play 2-way and that doesnt go well for a full season at the higher levels when other teams arent doing it

a lot of teams in this district are going to be at the .500 level...maybe even sub .500

i could see liberty winning the district with a 5-5 record overall...i think we all know why

I don't know where you are getting your info from about JCM but it is so far off the mark.  The studs don't have to play both ways there is plenty of talent and the change in coaching staff has actually enhanced the situation.  The team has embraced Coach Taylor and is 100% behind him.  You are on the outside looking in, JCM is stacked and will win this district going away.  The defense is very much improved and will hold their own against all district opponents.  JCM will win district and the rest will fall in line.  Don't be surprised if Haywood take 2nd.

the haywood thing wouldnt surprise me...but just a week ago specialed...u had haywood taking dead last in the district...so which is it

I got a report from my brother how big and physical they were against Lake Co. and Bolivar in a 3 way scrimmage which they won.  Tonight they whipped Hardin County.  JCM smacked USJ around tonight in a scrimmage that finished 5-2 JCM

I got a report from my brother how big and physical they were against Lake Co. and Bolivar in a 3 way scrimmage which they won.  Tonight they whipped Hardin County.  JCM smacked USJ around tonight in a scrimmage that finished 5-2 JCM

well lets look at the haywood thing like this...bolivar is going to be awful again this season...and lake co is one of the smaller 1A schools that hasnt seen consistency at a high level in some time...i dont think either team is expected to go .500 this season...hardin co i have no idea...they beat lexington last year so that was either a fluke or theyre building something special...and maybe they had a group of seniors that are all gone...who knows...ill give u that one

as for the JCM/USJ scrimmage it was 4-1 jcm...not 5-2...the extras u added were 2 point conversion tries

what i saw was 2 teams who cant sustain an offensive drive...yes jcm scored...heck on the 2nd play from scrimmage...an 80 yard breakaway...in fact 3 of jcms TDs were all huge yardage plays because usj backers werent making proper reads and more importantly tackles...no one out there expected usj guys to run down jcm players from behind

jcm had 1 actual drive that went the length of the field...but they played for 2 hours and only had 1 of them...usj is going to have a very rough season...they scrimmage liberty friday night...we can compare more then

the best thing jcm did all night long was the dominance of their dline getting in the backfield on passing plays...was nice to see...however...ur dline also got flagged a ton for jumping offsides and lining up in the neutral zone before the snap...silly mistakes

another thing i noticed that was impressive...the blocking of jcm WRs...that was high quality

well lets look at the haywood thing like this...bolivar is going to be awful again this season...and lake co is one of the smaller 1A schools that hasnt seen consistency at a high level in some time...i dont think either team is expected to go .500 this season...hardin co i have no idea...they beat lexington last year so that was either a fluke or theyre building something special...and maybe they had a group of seniors that are all gone...who knows...ill give u that one

as for the JCM/USJ scrimmage it was 4-1 jcm...not 5-2...the extras u added were 2 point conversion tries

what i saw was 2 teams who cant sustain an offensive drive...yes jcm scored...heck on the 2nd play from scrimmage...an 80 yard breakaway...in fact 3 of jcms TDs were all huge yardage plays because usj backers werent making proper reads and more importantly tackles...no one out there expected usj guys to run down jcm players from behind

jcm had 1 actual drive that went the length of the field...but they played for 2 hours and only had 1 of them...usj is going to have a very rough season...they scrimmage liberty friday night...we can compare more then

the best thing jcm did all night long was the dominance of their dline getting in the backfield on passing plays...was nice to see...however...ur dline also got flagged a ton for jumping offsides and lining up in the neutral zone before the snap...silly mistakes

another thing i noticed that was impressive...the blocking of jcm WRs...that was high quality

Hey as a sportsman I can accept your opinion of things but we can't fault JCM for being explosive and scoring on big runs.  That's a great problem to have.  Of course this was their first scrimmage since spring practice and there are a few kinks to be worked out.  JCM is definitely going to be one of the top teams in West Tn this year, though.  Wait till the season starts and all will see.  Great commenting back and forth with you, much respect :)

Scrimmages and early season games are interesting. What players step up that we had never noticed before? Which teams drop down a lot in talent because of graduation, transfers, kids quitting football, etc.?  Do coaches run plain vanilla offense to either hide their best stuff, or because the kids have not learned it yet?

People always ask me "How is your team going to be this year?" My standard answer is "I'll let you know after I see them play 3 games". For me, it takes that to get a handle on how we stack up against our competition. One game is never enough for me as an average fan, because who knows how good or bad the opponent really is? But, three game gives me enough to sort of compare our team with those we have played.

Nice discussion here though. We can see how well the district follows y'alls predictions as the year goes on.  

Edited by CHARGERFAN