Marion County @ Grundy Co

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grundy County loud and obnoxious announcer completely quit announcing anything that Marion did in the 4th qtr. I'm talking about he wouldn't even announce down and distance when Marion had the ball. Was the worst display of sportsmanship by an announcer that I have ever witnessed. He was worse than the "Green Wall" man from Notre Dame a few years back.

Grundy County loud and obnoxious announcer completely quit announcing anything that Marion did in the 4th qtr. I'm talking about he wouldn't even announce down and distance when Marion had the ball. Was the worst display of sportsmanship by an announcer that I have ever witnessed. He was worse than the "Green Wall" man from Notre Dame a few years back.

Purplegrad, what kind of mess is this?  If you had been worried about that durn Bryant man scoring on you instead of the announcer, your boys might not have give up 35 points.  What kind of mess is this?  I garuntee you that McCurry man better get that Gudger man to change his defence because if those Marion boys give up 35 points a game they are going to lose some.  You think im joking but im not. 

Old Pirate ain't got a nary bit of love fer purple, recon with the main fire power to Jasper's arsenal sidelined, look fer them Mtn fellers to commense a celebrating after the dust has settled and the only feuding is whether to buy new Rose Colored Glasses! Old Pirate ain't jest a joking neither!

Those "rose colored glasses" worked out just fine...no doubt it was a rough game but in the fourth quarter Grundy appeared to be sucking wind and Marion just kept pounding the ball. Good game and great way to start the season off! All valley teams come home with wins, can't beat that!

Purplegrad, what kind of mess is this? If you had been worried about that durn Bryant man scoring on you instead of the announcer, your boys might not have give up 35 points. What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you that McCurry man better get that Gudger man to change his defence because if those Marion boys give up 35 points a game they are going to lose some. You think im joking but im not.

Not that I should be responding to your idiocricity, but it really didn't matter in the end that Marion's defense gave up 35 points when the offense scores 55!

I was simply pointing out how childish the announcer acted by not announcing anything Marion did in the 4th qtr. he would literally stand outside the press box when Marion had the ball and would only announce if Grundy tackled for loss or Marion had a penalty.

Not that I should be responding to your idiocricity, but it really didn't matter in the end that Marion's defense gave up 35 points when the offense scores 55!

I was simply pointing out how childish the announcer acted by not announcing anything Marion did in the 4th qtr. he would literally stand outside the press box when Marion had the ball and would only announce if Grundy tackled for loss or Marion had a penalty.

I agree with you Purple. That was not the best display of sportsmanship on his part. It was embarrassing to me as a fan. We were all upset in the 4th quarter but as an announcer you have a job to do and you should do that job till the game is over.

As for the game. I thought both teams played well till the 4th quarter and then MC just took over. Our guys did look a little winded by then but that's no excuse. Grundy will give some teams all they want this year but our biggest weakness as I have said all along is our defensive secondary. We had kids playing in their first high school game back there. MC really exposed that late in the game.

I do want to say one more thing. Did all you Warrior faithful really think you were going to trick us into thinking Zeman was not going to play? You would have been better off by not saying anything about it.....then we might have had doubts. Zeman is a stud no doubt. I thought we did a fairly good job with him till the 4th then he just took over. Congratulations on a good win MC. I have no doubts you will have a good year. Good luck the rest of the season.

Looks like the offense will be better this year with Walters running the show.  Offense looked really really good, defense not so much.  They were gashed all night but they look a little more athletic this year.  O' Shields played well and #21 was laying some licks.  Game would have been much worse but there were several interception drops.  The refs were also horrible, there were tons of holding non calls and one when marion turned it over on downs deep in GC territory where the linebacker was holding Zemen and they called a hold on him, I believe on that play Walters scored.  Also called a helmet to helmet on 21 and it was a shot to the chest.  If the defense comes together look out for this team in 2A.  Probably wont see as good as a QB as Mainord the rest of the year. 

Until November 1st....

I don't know. The Walters kid looked pretty good last night as well. Everyone knew Zemen was going to play. That was just a ploy. Surely Grundy never believed that nonsense.

True. The Walters kid dominated that ball game. Not Zemen. 4 tds yes. 2 on runs of less than 1 yard. Zemen is great player, but Walters kid is too.