Something interesting i noticed about the prepxtra magazine

Governm

Nobody is predicted to go undefeated, at least from what I saw. What's especially interesting is alcoa, maryville, webb, cak, and sevier county are all expected to lose atleast game. What puzzles me is how could alcoa, sevier,or webb beat maryville and still lose a game? It puzzles me because you would figure any team predicted to beat maryville would also be predicted to finish undefeated. Can somebody clear this up for me? Maybe I'm missing something but I just don't see how all these teams can be predicted to lose games. You would figure one of these teams would have a projected 10-0 record.

Haven't seen neither team play yet this year but would wager the farm that Sevier County won'y beat Maryville.

I'm not a betting man lol. I'm just making an observation that it seems a little odd that all of these teams are predicted to lose a game. The most important question is who are they predicting to beat maryville? It has to be alcoa,sevier county , or webb. and if one of those teams does knock of maryville who is going to beat them? you would think any team that beats maryville would cruise to a 10-0 record. its just not adding up... One of those teams has to go 10-0 unless there's something I'm missing.... I have a feeling there was a typo.

They could be saying that Maryville is still the #1 team but vulnerable enough to slip up and get a lose this year. No different than Alabama taking a lose to Texas A&M then A&M going on to lose two other games to teams that Bama beat. Everyone knew Bama was the better team but they got complacent and left one bite them. Then took that reality check to the mouth and went on the win the National Championship.

The PrepXtra magazine predicts the Fulton Falcons to go 10-0.

Maryville is predicted to go 9-1, and the most likely scenario is that Jesse Smithey has them losing to Webb.

My reason for saying this is that Alcoa is predicted to go 9-1, and I don't see who else besides Maryville that they could be projected to lose to. Webb's 8-1 record probably includes a loss at the hands of Baylor or Friendship Christian (although the latter is unlikely).

If I were making predictions, I would personally have Maryville and Fulton both going 15-0.

The PrepXtra magazine predicts the Fulton Falcons to go 10-0.

Maryville is predicted to go 9-1, and the most likely scenario is that Jesse Smithey has them losing to Webb.

My reason for saying this is that Alcoa is predicted to go 9-1, and I don't see who else besides Maryville that they could be projected to lose to. Webb's 8-1 record probably includes a loss at the hands of Baylor or Friendship Christian (although the latter is unlikely).

If I were making predictions, I would personally have Maryville and Fulton both going 15-0.

I agree I can't see Maryville losing until maybe the Blue Cross Bowl game for the State Title(and That is a major if).