Lewis County @ Loretto

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game both sides! Loretto you played your heart out! I was very impressed with Nesse and Rosson tonight. Both showed great senior leadership. This was the best I have seen a Loretto QB play on a long time. He did make some mistakes but he and the Mustangd took it to Lewis County. I bet Coach Sharp will remember this game. In the end better coaching and experience showed. Coach Sharp is not a legend for nothing. Good start to the season Stangs. Lets get ready for next week!

I guess I am looking at this game from a different perspective but Loretto has A LOT of work to do.  Yes they played well at times but other time not so much.  Our kickoff and punt coverage needs a lot of work.  As we gave up another return.  Defense looked confused most of the night on where they are suppose to be.  I did like the way the kicker looked, Also, some of the boys on defense stood out Allen and kennedy come to mind along with the boys on the line offense and defense as that Lewis Co. bunch has some big guys.  We also need that passing game to develop and release the ball quicker, granted Lewis Co. has a good seconday.  I think Loretto will get it worked out.  Lewis Co. has some good athletes and will do good this year, great size and speed.

My hat is off to both teams. Sure there were some mistakes on both sides, but one thing that cannot be questioned is both teams effort. For us old farts this was a throwback to the time when you knew no matter what the records this was going to be a knock down drag out and it lived up to the billing. LC and Loretto are so simular in make up and that is the reason that this was the 63rd meeting. There has never been more than a 30 student or so difference in size. We have the same type players and same type community and a lot of friends. Great game I think Loretto will have a great season if they continue to play with the effort and toughness that I saw last night. Great game and good luck to both teams the rest of the way.