TN High @ Sullivan South Week 1

THSVikings2004

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

observations from the game:

1) The Vikings special teams have really fallen off. It's not fair to compare to Sigmon as he was an exceptional kicker, but the Vikings were pooch kicking every kick-off and missed / had blocked an XP. I can't recall in recent years South looking better than one of the city schools in the kicking game.

2) IMO the the worst call and possibly the game lost on the 4th and goal for the Vikings on the first series. Maybe the Tn. Hi coaches lost track of downs, as did the officials, but to repeat the well defended fade to Mitchell on the next play was a huge mistake. Mitchell used his big body to catch the slant with ease on the first play of the game, had run the fade unsuccessfully on 3rd. if they wanted to go back to him all they had to do was run the dig on 4th and Henley could have lobbed it to him for the TD. He ran it very successfully for a TD in the same situation against South last year.

3) I was really surprised Tn. Hi could not take advantage of the fact that South played most of the 2nd half without their starting RB and without either starting CB.

Just simply to much PANIC on the sidelines and it spills over onto the field...lol   Pitiful really.

Our best chance at big 8 title ...went to Georgia... I can tell that already :mellow: ...54 sec left in the half....you just run the clock out and take the lead to half...The more things change the more they stay the same.

Congrats to south though way to fight back...

Hopefully that's just growing pains couch. I know i've heard several of my friends close to both programs say they were glad Coach Mays got the job. All said they felt he deserved it. I'd like to see him do well , even this year. After all it is still early and just a friendly reminder of a similar situation: I think the chance that went to Georgia once cost the Vikings a game against an anemic cross town rival by punting on 3rd down at the end of the game. :rolleyes:

Good luck the rest of the way. There is a lot of talent on that team and plenty of season left . A win over SH or D-B and this one would be forgotten I reckon.