TN High @ Sullivan South Week 1

THSVikings2004

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody that says South is in the conference they belong in is either a coach, an AD, or a fool. They would have had a run in the Big 8 the next two years and a shot at DB and SH. They'll win the rest of their games by an average of 45. Embarrassing.

Off to Happy Valley....Happy, Happy, Happy.

Anybody that says South is in the conference they belong in is either a coach, an AD, or a fool. They would have had a run in the Big 8 the next two years and a shot at DB and SH. They'll win the rest of their games by an average of 45. Embarrassing.

Welcome to 4a NET conferences

Anybody that says South is in the conference they belong in is either a coach, an AD, or a fool. They would have had a run in the Big 8 the next two years and a shot at DB and SH. They'll win the rest of their games by an average of 45. Embarrassing.

Be careful what you wish for. I think the Rebels are where the should be and they will do well. The Vikings took South lightly giving they were pretty much having their way with them in the first Quarter. In the second quarter South broke out their ol faithful the QB option... and they hit the Vikings in the mouth hard. You would think the coaching staff of the Vikings would have been prepared for the barrage give this has ALWAYS been Souths bread and butter, ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly since 2005 (and everyone of them were at THS during the Curt Phillips era) but they must have forgot!! This put the Vikings on their heels and opened it up for South to open their playbook a little wider. Souths QB made some outstanding plays with the hands and feet while the Viking QB seemed to chock up under the pressure of a come back. IMO these the Viking coaches need to get their poop together because they made several rookie mistakes that ultimately came back to bite us in the end (forgetting what down it was inside the 10 yard line on the first possession is the first one that comes to mind).  There are two things that the Viking coaching staff could do this coming week that could drastically change the outcome of the rest of the season.... teach these kids how to cover the pass and HOW TO TACKLE!!!!!!!! Dang!!!!! Congrats to South. I don't think you are the better team... but you WERE the better team tonight. 

Be careful what you wish for. I think the Rebels are where the should be and they will do well. The Vikings took South lightly giving they were pretty much having their way with them in the first Quarter. In the second quarter South broke out their ol faithful the QB option... and they hit the Vikings in the mouth hard. You would think the coaching staff of the Vikings would have been prepared for the barrage give this has ALWAYS been Souths bread and butter, ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly since 2005 (and everyone of them were at THS during the Curt Phillips era) but they must have forgot!! This put the Vikings on their heels and opened it up for South to open their playbook a little wider. Souths QB made some outstanding plays with the hands and feet while the Viking QB seemed to chock up under the pressure of a come back. IMO these the Viking coaches need to get their poop together because they made several rookie mistakes that ultimately came back to bite us in the end (forgetting what down it was inside the 10 yard line on the first possession is the first one that comes to mind).  There are two things that the Viking coaching staff could do this coming week that could drastically change the outcome of the rest of the season.... teach these kids how to cover the pass and HOW TO TACKLE!!!!!!!! Dang!!!!! Congrats to South. I don't think you are the better team... but you WERE the better team tonight. 

I have to admit I agree with you on this one.  I thought that the TN High coaching staff would win this game simply on the outcoached aspect.  Not to say that South's coaches are not good, but I would have figured with a first year head coach and them knowing that South is definitely a threat, they would have had that "bread and butter" play down as the first thing on their mind.

South outcoached TN High in this one, did a better job of preparing their kids, and it got them a win.

I wish they were in the same conference still so we could see a rematch in the playoffs, but it looks like everyone will have to wait until next year for that one.

observations from the game:

1) The Vikings special teams have really fallen off. It's not fair to compare to Sigmon as he was an exceptional kicker, but the Vikings were pooch kicking every kick-off and missed / had blocked an XP. I can't recall in recent years South looking better than one of the city schools in the kicking game.

2) IMO the the worst call and possibly the game lost on the 4th and goal for the Vikings on the first series. Maybe the Tn. Hi coaches lost track of downs, as did the officials, but to repeat the well defended fade to Mitchell on the next play was a huge mistake. Mitchell used his big body to catch the slant with ease on the first play of the game, had run the fade unsuccessfully on 3rd. if they wanted to go back to him all they had to do was run the dig on 4th and Henley could have lobbed it to him for the TD. He ran it very successfully for a TD in the same situation against South last year.

3) I was really surprised Tn. Hi could not take advantage of the fact that South played most of the 2nd half without their starting RB and without either starting CB.

All of the problems witnessed last night have been glaringly obvious since the beginning of August and it appears as if the coaches are satisfied with the status quo.  Hopefully in the off week they will actually do some coaching.

Last night was a good example of what can and will happen in the future if the THS offense struggles.  In most cases they'll already be outmatched on defense, special teams, and coaching. South displayed the never give up attitude we're all used to seeing.  I won't waste time talking any further on that issue because we all read that story back in 2007 and 2010. :rolleyes:

Probably catch the other two Bristol teams next week and see what the Bearcats have in store for the Vikes.

Edited by THSVikings2004

Doubt it

Off to Happy Valley....Happy, Happy, Happy