Bruceton @ McEwen

tigermanager58

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruceton had 677 yards rushing against Mcewen. Do you expect the same this week? and players to watch from Mcewen?

I have to admit, I can see your point footballfan7... LOL

Bruceton HR probably did put up 677 yards last friday night against South Fulton, but I would imagine you could attribute 450 yards to broken plays, not wrapping up, and pathetic gang tackling...

Bruceton rarely developed drives down the field as the majority of their points came from huge plays...  Their offense appears to rely solely on hitting the outside, FB dives, and the occasional pass to try and keep the opponent honest...  A less athletic, fundamental team that is defensive minded will really give BHR trouble...  If McEwen wraps up on D, stretches the corner out wide, a minimizes the home run play I look for them to win by two touchdowns... With that being said, McEwen will probably give up a couple of home run plays, but will look much better than South Fulton... Thus I will stay with my previous prediction in the 30s with a over/under of 75... McEwen 37 BHR 36

Im picking Bruceton , from what i have seen so far this season, they have alot of speed top to bottom, even the freshman running back looks great,  defense needs a little work, but we are for sure allot better than past few years, I love seeing the swag my tigers got this year, reminds me of when i was in high school, now they know that they can go out and win a few ball games, confidence is a deadly weapon in high school football

whos the freshmen rb? is his name wynn? if so he's the little cousin to west carrolls jacob wynn

I have to admit, I can see your point footballfan7... LOL

Bruceton HR probably did put up 677 yards last friday night against South Fulton, but I would imagine you could attribute 450 yards to broken plays, not wrapping up, and pathetic gang tackling...

Bruceton rarely developed drives down the field as the majority of their points came from huge plays... Their offense appears to rely solely on hitting the outside, FB dives, and the occasional pass to try and keep the opponent honest... A less athletic, fundamental team that is defensive minded will really give BHR trouble... If McEwen wraps up on D, stretches the corner out wide, a minimizes the home run play I look for them to win by two touchdowns... With that being said, McEwen will probably give up a couple of home run plays, but will look much better than South Fulton... Thus I will stay with my previous prediction in the 30s with a over/under of 75... McEwen 37 BHR 36

So you mean to tell me the have good outside speed. A good middle run game and they can pass. Sounds like a complete team not a team that a more fundelmental team can stop.

This makes no sense to me,

Bruceton had 677 yards rushing against Mcewen. Do you expect the same this week? and players to watch from Mcewen?

He's gotta be referring to the S. Fulton yardage. And no don't... expect the same this week 677 is a freak number. If so McEwen's gonna be in for a long year. Hope both teams do well.

Pulling for the13Aers

I have never seen a Bruceton back as shifty, quick, and fast as the freshman running back(Z. Johnson) Bruceton was bout 4th and 20 and they bring him in. He starts left, sees the hole is clogged so he cuts back, breaks a few tackles and runs for bout a 40+ yard TD. He will run by ya if he can and run over ya if he can't. I have not heard an official 40 time on either of the backs, but I would guess the Willis kid runs bout a 4.6 and the Johnson kid runs bout a 4.3. They don't bounce everything, they get through the hole quick and by the safeties before they can react. No I am not a player. I graduated a few years ago and have been watching Tiger football since bout 1995.