How jealous is Gallatin of Station Camp and Beech being on ESPN today?

Mr. Postman1

I agree Hurd was gasping big time - was this effect of him playing D and special teams ?

I mean in the past he was getting what 30 - 40 carries a game 

Doubtful he will get that many carries unless absolutely necessary. Hurd will certainly play more defense than offense this year too, and because of that, the goal is to split carries between the other backs to keep him healthy for his transition to UT in January. He doesn't care about stats this year; his only goal is a return trip to Cookeville. 

We lost 16 starters (including the entire line), and honestly, I was pretty nervous for the game today because SC returned a lot (including most of their line). 

The game went better than expected, so I was pleased. Yet, kicking 2 balls off directly to Malone could have cost them the game. Not a smart move at all. Also, for clarification, no one ran over Hurd (when the fumble took place). Hurd laid the hit, and unfortunately, the kids helmet hit right on the ball. 

I agree that Hurd will need to get in better shape to get used to playing both ways. 90 degree midday heat probably played a huge factor in that too though that they won't be a factor the remainder of the season. 

It was good to see Tennessee on ESPN for the second (or third) year in row!  I could tell the atmosphere at the Beech-Station Camp game was electric.  Hurd is a beast and doesn't have to carry the load this year for the Bucs.  It was extremely hot out there!  I don't think Hurd is out of shape but wonder if he has asthma.  It also looks like Station Camp will have a very good year.  They have some offensive weapons! 

Not sure, but I have seem him use an inhaler and use oxygen on the sidelines. 

Is that so.....I was probably misinformed but someone told me that the running back Malone transferred from Gallatin into SC. Probably just talk.

Tre Malone played his freshman year at Gallatin, went thru spring practice at Gallatin in 2012 and transferred mid summer of 2012 to SC. Not talk, it's fact. I watched him play against Hville in a freshman game in 2011 for Gallatin..

Tre Malone played his freshman year at Gallatin, went thru spring practice at Gallatin in 2012 and transferred mid summer of 2012 to SC. Not talk, it's fact. I watched him play against Hville in a freshman game in 2011 for Gallatin..

So I was right to assume Gallatin loses lots of players to station camp? I'd say this ESPN debut won't help matters any either. Gallatin was the big dog here for years. It will feel funny to see them being spanked by Trousdale on the creek bank later in the year.

There are always high expectations to live up to when playing Gallatin football. They want state titles, not 5-5 seasons to make playoffs.... the expectations are higher at Gallatin than @ SC. Example, everybody is congratulating SC for barely losing to Beech. Gallatin football isn't satisfied with almost winning. Which explains why people are being extremely harsh on Gallatin for having one bad season...losing isn't an option for that program, and they will do what it takes to fix it. Hollingsworth had two 1-9 seasons back to back at SC not long ago. If he were at Gallatin having those types of seasons, he wouldn't have been around to coach for another year. That's just a difference in two programs.

Edited by thegreatone36

Don't get all upset, Gallatin is a well respected program. I'd love my school to have 1 but we only have 2 semi final appearances and a handful of quarterfinals. I was just wondering how many good players now choose SC over Gallatin because seems like that's where all the money is now in the county. Heck, Westmoreland cant even get the drive paved around the field much less all those facilities SC has.

Don't get all upset, Gallatin is a well respected program. I'd love my school to have 1 but we only have 2 semi final appearances and a handful of quarterfinals. I was just wondering how many good players now choose SC over Gallatin because seems like that's where all the money is now in the county. Heck, Westmoreland cant even get the drive paved around the field much less all those facilities SC has.