Sevier County 2013

BFL2009

Most dynamic offense in East Tennessee maybe the state! Haven't seen team speed like that in a long time! I do not think anyone can contain this offense! Too many weapons for Luke Manning to throw to. All the skill position guys always make the first defender miss. 62 points opening night!!! 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most dynamic offense in East Tennessee maybe the state! Haven't seen team speed like that in a long time! I do not think anyone can contain this offense! Too many weapons for Luke Manning to throw to. All the skill position guys always make the first defender miss. 62 points opening night!!!

Dang , let's just go ahead and give you the trophy now and do away with the rest of the season , save the rest of us a lot of heartache ! Lol

I enjoyed watching SC's offense running the same offense as always and  it is effective. Only against teams like Bearden, who's Defense is less than average, for now. The SC denfense is

not much to talk about. If you like offense, offense, offense and little of anything else then Sevier is worth watching. As far as making it to or winning a state championship ?   NOT THIS YEAR !

Dang , let's just go ahead and give you the trophy now and do away with the rest of the season , save the rest of us a lot of heartache ! Lol

Good one pepvol. Although I will say this, Manning is very accurate and smart. He knows when to throw and when to pull it down and run. Their running game is ok, but have quick and good hands receivers. Their defense is decent but they swarm the ball. Bearden should have been a tougher challenge for them so either they are that good or Bearden isn't as good as predicted. Either way, Sevier will be the team to beat this year. They are an exciting team to watch.

I enjoyed watching SC's offense running the same offense as always and  it is effective. Only against teams like Bearden, who's Defense is less than average, for now. The SC denfense is

not much to talk about. If you like offense, offense, offense and little of anything else then Sevier is worth watching. As far as making it to or winning a state championship ?   NOT THIS YEAR !

Although 1st half run defense was definitely not impressive lol they made adjustments and only allowed 35 yards in the 2nd half 

Is the Banks kid who is the transfer eligible and did he play? He attended both Ezell Harding and Gallatin last year.

Mondo44, I read an article about the game in the mountain press and it mentioned pretty much all the running backs and their yards in the Bearden game but Banks name wasn't mentioned so I am guessing he didn't get to run the ball or had no yards. Banks may have gotten 2000 yards at his other school but I barely see 500 yards in this division, on a team that lives and dies by the pass.

Edited by choctaw60

We'll take it! 

Here is where I am as a fan as far as the state championship goes. In 6a football all roads lead thru maryville. Thats why they scheduled them Steve Brewer knows to beat the best you must 1st play them. Our skill positions are good and deep the wrs probably 8 deep same goes for the secondary it is very good. Qb is allstate, oline is pretty good but no depth we had a sophmore in at gaurd for a few plays while the starter was pulled for 2 false starts. The RB position is very good w/ 2 different style runners 1 is bigger 1 is quicker both are very good. LBS are good but again no depth at that position. The  area where we are really lacking is the dline, It is small with no depth. Probably only 1or 2 solid starters. Bearden ran for 300 yards in the 1st half but could not keep it up in the second half. Most of their players played both ways and it caught up with them. This will not be the case with the state contenders. If we win it all for the second time ever it will take alot of good fortune. I just dont think in the end we will be able to stop prevo and co. as much as the maryville d stops us. They will keep us in front of them and make tackles. Bearden let us behind them which is just plain old stupid. Now on any givin night this team can beat anyone and my hope is luck is on our side once the playoffs start.

GoBears!!!

Is the Banks kid who is the transfer eligible and did he play? He attended both Ezell Harding and Gallatin last year.

Mondo44, I read an article about the game in the mountain press and it mentioned pretty much all the running backs and their yards in the Bearden game but Banks name wasn't mentioned so I am guessing he didn't get to run the ball or had no yards. Banks may have gotten 2000 yards at his other school but I barely see 500 yards in this division, on a team that lives and dies by the pass.

Granted Banks was not a superstar against Bearden, the Bears scored 62 points w/o him so they must be deep at receiver and running back. Maryville's D will be MUCH MUCH better than Bearden's!!! I'm just saying when they are clicking they are a scary group.

Although 1st half run defense was definitely not impressive lol they made adjustments and only allowed 35 yards in the 2nd half 

We did not stop them, Banks knocked Horton out of the game and then we got a couple turnovers which lead to Bearden having to go to the air which suits the SC defense. The run game was never stopped the time/score and the turnovers are how this game got so 1 sided by the end.

GoBears!!!

We did not stop them, Banks knocked Horton out of the game and then we got a couple turnovers which lead to Bearden having to go to the air which suits the SC defense. The run game was never stopped the time/score and the turnovers are how this game got so 1 sided by the end.

GoBears!!!

Horton wasn't the only one running the ball DeLong was also running extremely well granted not like Horton but 98 yards in the 1st half is pretty impressive too! And are stopping and putting him out (cleanly) not the same?