Sevier County 2013

BFL2009

Horton wasn't the only one running the ball DeLong was also running extremely well granted not like Horton but 98 yards in the 1st half is pretty impressive too! And are stopping and putting him out (cleanly) not the same? 

Well I like the way you are thinking, "Alvin Mack (The program): Let's open up a can of kick #### and kill 'em all, let the paramedics sort 'em out" but I would say no not exactly the same. Can we consistently knock the other teams running back out of the game? I would say it was fortunate for us that he had to go out. Delong was manageable, Horton had 200 yards in 1 half. Again I think we have as good of a chance at winning it all as ever I just think we will need that kind of good fortune against the big dogs. If we can win the turnover stats and stay healthy we could go deep. If you recall when we won it all in 1999 we set a championship game record with 5 ints. Also I think Maryville was 4a back then.

GoBears!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously sevier county will go all the way to cookeville unopposed.because evidently some of their fans think Peyton Otis isn't a very good athlete even though he scores a touchdown just about everytime he touches the ball for the governors. If sevier county has 8 or 9 athletes who are better than him ( like one of the fans said) I would hate to play them. :D

Was the 35 yds in 2nd half total or rushing yds? If it was rushing then that would be based on Bearden playing catch up and throwing the ball frequently.

35 rushing in second half but Bearden only completed 2 maybe 3 short passes in second half so wasn't more than 50 or 60 for the half.

Obviously sevier county will go all the way to cookeville unopposed.because evidently some of their fans think Peyton Otis isn't a very good athlete even though he scores a touchdown just about everytime he touches the ball for the governors. If sevier county has 8 or 9 athletes who are better than him ( like one of the fans said) I would hate to play them. :D

Yes you would hate to play us. I never said Otis was not good just that he was our 3rd best RB. 7th or 8th best football player. So now you should know as well as anyone how talented this team is. We could play 1 of those IFL games with the govs this week since you play mo east and we play them next week. I bet you will win and otis will be the star. But wait the ghost of smoky bears past are all you have so I guess you would have to thank us for the win. WB is not very good so if I were you I would just start pulling for your county champs up the road then you can come back on here and say how much otis would have helped when we play the rebs.

GoBears!!!

I wouldn't worry abt it 91, Otis will probably get more yards in each game than SC rushes in a whole game. Don't know why they would consider him the 3rd running back. If they have 7or8 athletes better than him, more power to them. I just don't remember any that had 4.4 speed and hit as hard and can bench 325 and squat 600 and could punt almost 50yds and other things. I just don't remember any.

Is the Banks kid who is the transfer eligible and did he play? He attended both Ezell Harding and Gallatin last year.

Mondo44, I read an article about the game in the mountain press and it mentioned pretty much all the running backs and their yards in the Bearden game but Banks name wasn't mentioned so I am guessing he didn't get to run the ball or had no yards. Banks may have gotten 2000 yards at his other school but I barely see 500 yards in this division, on a team that lives and dies by the pass.

Banks has actually been to Gallatin twice, Ezell Harding twice and Station Camp. He only played at Ezell where his uncle got a coaching job. He finally moved out and living with relatives in Sevier County and is only a sophmore. Great athlete, questionable upringing to this point. I hope he works hard, keeps his head on straight and does well.  

WB is not very good so if I were you I would just start pulling for your county champs up the road.

GoBears!!!

Haha I wouldn't be soo sure about that man, have you even seen the Govs play this year? didn't think so..The new coach has done a dang good job of getting the boys ready for the season, which was something gregory never did. Gregory is no longer the coach, so you can cross the Govs off the easy win list. The Govs offense put up 30+ points and won every scrimmage, scored 21 on alcoa, and dropped 40 on loudon before halftime. I think its safe to say the Govs have a very good offense. They have a great quarterback,great o-line, 2 good runningbacks,and 4 or 5 really good receivers.I would put money on them against anybody on our schedule but maryville at this point.

Peyton Otis is a great ball player. But Bears89 is correct about his role and playtime at Sevier County. He will be huge all year at William Blount and hope he does what he is capable of doing. Sevier County does miss him at the LB spot no doubt. He would definitely be a starter all year there. But can't blame him for transferring and making more play time for himself by the move to William Blount. And Sevier County has two 4.4 speed backs. Will Peyton outrush Sevier County's whole rush stats each week. Yes Probably. But William Blount and Sevier County are totally different offenses. Will Sevier County go all the way. NO they don't have the defense to make it that far. But it is early. If the defense gets better each week and wraps up there tackles. They will be tough come playoff time. ^_^

To be honest I think you guys will get you're wishes. First Round of playoffs could possibly be a William Blount vs. Sevier County match-up. And if so. It will be a fun game. I always enjoy the

William Blount fans and program.

I really hope so. I was disappointed when I heard sevier county took the govs off the schedule because I knew they would have a better year this year. This team is a night and day difference to the teams they had under gregory. That's why I wanted to keep sevier county on the schedule because it would have given us a better idea of how good wb is, win or lose. As I said the Govs scored 40 points before halftime and most of them were on the ground,only one was a passing td. in fact they didn't pass much at all because they didn't have to,but everytime they did the receivers were wide open. I wish they had played sevier county because they would have had to rely more on the passing game. As it is right now I don't see this team having to pass much the next 4 games because they will be able to abuse them all with the ground game. At any rate I think this team will suprise a lot of people this year. Edited by Governors91