Brentwood vs. Blackman Thursday Night Lights

Bruindaddy

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Bruin fan, I'm just hoping we get better after last week. So let me ask the Blaze Nation the most important question?

What is the band going to play? They always rock!

Please do not encourage the karoke band at BHS. better question is how do they have students graduate every year but the singer ALWAYS sounds the same????

Brentwood has the speed and athleticism to win this game if they can control the line of scrimmage the way they did in the second half of the CPA game. I realize that's a pretty big if, but I doubt Blackman has any linemen the size of #74 from CPA, so I am hopeful. 

Not that big at all actually. They average about 5' 9" and range from 185 to 205. But their quick and trixey, very trixey! :popcorneater:

I like Blackman in this one as long as there is no hangover from the big win over sea-gull.

Actually, it's going to be a good week for 7aaa except for LHS who will lose at home to Wilson Central (no that Wilson Central is all that great, they lost solidly in week one)

I'll say Smyrna by 10 over Cane Ridge.

Stewie by 6 in a road shocker at Tullahoma.

Oakland by 13 at a good White Station

Siegel by 3 in a huge road win at Ooltewah who won big already

Blackman inspired by karaoke girl's "Living on a Prayer" by 15

LHS drops another at home... this time by 10 to 14 points.

I don't know much about Bradley Central, so I'll hold off on a Riverdale prediciton, but I don't have a good feeling about them getting this road win.  I hope I'm wrong.

I like Blackman in this one as long as there is no hangover from the big win over sea-gull.

Actually, it's going to be a good week for 7aaa except for LHS who will lose at home to Wilson Central (no that Wilson Central is all that great, they lost solidly in week one)

I'll say Smyrna by 10 over Cane Ridge.

Stewie by 6 in a road shocker at Tullahoma.

Oakland by 13 at a good White Station

Siegel by 3 in a huge road win at Ooltewah who won big already

Blackman inspired by karaoke girl's "Living on a Prayer" by 15

LHS drops another at home... this time by 10 to 14 points.

I don't know much about Bradley Central, so I'll hold off on a Riverdale prediciton, but I don't have a good feeling about them getting this road win.  I hope I'm wrong.

May want to rethink the Stewie win.  In that game you have two Coaches going against each other that are fishing partners.

Blackman with the win in SPITE of their ears hurting from the Krapeokie singer.  LOL

May want to rethink the Stewie win.  In that game you have two Coaches going against each other that are fishing partners.

Blackman with the win in SPITE of their ears hurting from the Krapeokie singer.  LOL

Bass fishing at Tims Ford not withstanding, Stewie barely lost their scrimmage at McGavock who beat Jethro Tullahoma by 10 last week.  If Stewie doesn't turn it over 5 or 6 times like they did vs. Ravenwood, they should have a shot.  Opening game butterfly excuses are used up.  Time to play like a varsity team, even if it is a really young one (which it certainly is).  As long as they don't fall too far behind. Young teams panic and make more mistakes if they start getting too far behind. 

I think LHS has to be careful not to let the season crater after the collapse last week (and the disasterous showing at the jamboree).  Looking at what happened to the girls basketball program over there after Coach Dean retired... yes, things could actually get worse than the last two Friday nights. 

Gameday. Let's get some predictions going. I think Brentwood will come out focused and control the line of scrimmage much better than they did in the first half against CPA, and I can also see Blackman taking this game lightly and playing a little sloppy in the first half. I've got Brentwood winning 21-17; they'll jump out to an early lead and hang on in the 4th quarter.