Week 2: South Gibson Co. Hornets (2-0) at Martin-Westiew Chargers (1-1)

NotNoahHouck

SGC is coming off a huge win over Chester Co. 38-10, and Westview is coming off at barnburner of a loss against Huntingdon, 20-19. Who do you like in these two teams opening District 13-AA game? I see another down to the wire, heart-stooping thriller. Not many people expected SGC to knock off Camden a few week back, and some expected a lose to Chester tonight. There was a radio station that said Chester should of win easily tonight, but, thankfully, the Hornets proved them wrong. SGC looks to continue to down the doubters. How are things up in Martin going?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noah,

I will bow to your superior knowledge of the game.  In another thread I predicted SGC to win the game against Chester County by 3 points.  You said they would win by 14.  As you know SGC won by 28 points.  For that reason I am not going to pick a spread but I will predict a winner: SGC.  Yeah, my son is on the team and I am highly biased towards SGC but I have been very impressed by the defense we have on the field this year.  Despite the lose of Marshall Pearson our boys have done a great job of stopping the offense of the two teams we have met so far.  Gray (or is it Grey) Johns has done a remarkable job of stepping up to fill Marshall's spot.  The theme of the Hornets' football team this year is INAM, or It's Not About Me.  These boys are working together as a unit.  I don't hold any team we have on our schedule lightly -- each one has the ability to send us packing but I know that our team will do everything they can to prevent that from happening.  The coaching staff of SGC spent the last week working hard with the offense.  And I could really tell it at last nights game.  Lashlee,  Lewis, Reed, etc. all did a fantastic job.

Yep, I am already looking forward to our trip to Westview next Friday night.

Go Hornets!!!

Oh yeah, Greg Morris has done an outstanding job taking the place of Marshall Pearson at linebacker.  Didn't mean to leave him out.

Edited by pdpotts

Noah,

I will bow to your superior knowledge of the game. In another thread I predicted SGC to win the game against Chester County by 3 points. You said they would win by 14. As you know SGC won by 28 points. For that reason I am not going to pick a spread but I will predict a winner: SGC. Yeah, my son is on the team and I am highly biased towards SGC but I have been very impressed by the defense we have on the field this year. Despite the lose of Marshall Pearson our boys have done a great job of stopping the offense of the two teams we have met so far. Gray (or is it Grey) Johns has done a remarkable job of stepping up to fill Marshall's spot. The theme of the Hornets' football team this year is INAM, or It's Not About Me. These boys are working together as a unit. I don't hold any team we have on our schedule lightly -- each one has the ability to send us packing but I know that our team will do everything they can to prevent that from happening. The coaching staff of SGC spent the last week working hard with the offense. And I could really tell it at last nights game. Lashlee, Lewis, Reed, etc. all did a fantastic job.

Yep, I am already looking forward to our trip to Westview next Friday night.

Go Hornets!!!

Oh yeah, Greg Morris has done an outstanding job taking the place of Marshall Pearson at linebacker. Didn't mean to leave him out.

Don't leave Grady out either, he has done an amazing job both games!

I think the coaches have done a great job yet again. What we have is a team full of solid players who are team focused. There is no superstar who gets the ball on every play, theres 4-5 guys that will carry the ball. Elder, Lashlee, Calderon, Reed, Jordan cobb, Hayden, ect. all are solid players that can hurt you and because there are so many of them, opposing teams will be facing fresh legs every snap. And from the look of the sophomores the other night, i think we can expect to see the same thing for years to come. However, when we hit the toughest part of our schedule, I look for Arain Reed to step up as a star on offense. Coach hasent had to show his hand yet this year but when we face the tougher teams that will change.

The defense has has been amazing so far. holding a very good camden team to only 20 and only 3 against a great offense in Chester co. (the touchdown came against the jv defense at the very end.) Im excited about this team and theyre only gonna get better.

South Gibson hasn't lost a road game since Nov 4th, 2011, and we hope to keep that streak alive! (The last road loss was to Westview) Last year SGC returned tr kickoff for a huge TD and from that it was all SGC! Westview returns starters from last years young team, that will be ready to stop a hungry hornet squad. Despite the offense needing a quarter to get started scoring, the defense has been on the ball all game for both games. The Chargers offense needs to be ready if they want to put up points on the Hornet defense. Hopefully we will have a huge crowed in attendance. Can't wait til Friday

From a Camden fans perspective here is what you will want to know about WestView . they will be big ,physical and ready to play. they are always well coached and when they leave you will know they were there for a couple of weeks after. Never expect to blow them out even when they have a down season. This team is going to be tough. We played them every year for the last 10 years and a lot of those years we played twice. I can count the times the game was 6-9 points either way at about 14 GL to both teams and I will take who ever the home team is. Remember this also the goal posts at westview are not as wide(college stadium) has been a factor before if you are not ready for it warn your kicker..

From a Camden fans perspective here is what you will want to know about WestView . they will be big ,physical and ready to play. they are always well coached and when they leave you will know they were there for a couple of weeks after. Never expect to blow them out even when they have a down season. This team is going to be tough. We played them every year for the last 10 years and a lot of those years we played twice. I can count the times the game was 6-9 points either way at about 14 GL to both teams and I will take who ever the home team is. Remember this also the goal posts at westview are not as wide(college stadium) has been a factor before if you are not ready for it warn your kicker..

It will be a great game and I think both teams will be ready to play. Westview  likes to run the power I  and  a little of the wildcat on offense and 4-3 on defense. Westview had got to learn how to beat good football teams if they won't to win in the post season.  A South Gibson win will be big for hornets it could make  them or lose could break them. SOUTH GIBSON 21 WESTVIEW 20!!!! :hungry:

It will be a great game and I think both teams will be ready to play. Westview  likes to run the power I  and  a little of the wildcat on offense and 4-3 on defense. Westview had got to learn how to beat good football teams if they won't to win in the post season.  A South Gibson win will be big for hornets it could make  them or lose could break them. SOUTH GIBSON 21 WESTVIEW 20!!!! :hungry:

I agree. Huge game for both teams. SGC's defensive interior is thinner than in years past which could be a problem against a strong team coming out in a power I.  Should be a fun one to watch.