Mo. East v. Sevier Co.

colorodojoe

Yes they are big but so was DB 2 years ago, and SC was a big underdog going to the Indians house. SC was down 4tds late in the 3rd qtr but came back to tie then win in OT. Your right, keeping the faith is important. That was one of the greatest comebacks I have ever seen in high school football.

The Bears also have a running game this year that they've not had in quite some time.  I like the Bears by a comfortable margin, but hey, it's a "homer" pick, I always like the Bears!  I see them only losing to Maryville this year, and then to Maryville again in the 3rd round.  They are very talented, but I don't think they can compete with Maryville's size. I was shocked when I watched the highlights of the Alcoa game.  Thems some big Rebels!  But, like Preacher Walker used to say if you keep the faith, fight the good fight, and finish the race, who knows, we may sneak up on em!

This is how I see it as well. Anything can happen on the right Friday night. I do not think the Bears are going to sneak up on anyone but maybe they can shock the world come playoff time. 

Next up  moeast I hear they have a great RB and good depth so the Bears better not show up and turn it over or act like they have arrived. They are playing for the playoffs and have got to get better each week to compete with the Rebs or DB or whatever knox area teams they see in the post season. With all that they have had an extra week to prepare so I say they will take care of business.

My prediction Bears 42- East 14

GoBears!!!

Not the same receivers last year really besides #1 Mr. Whaley. But they are quite quick this year and catch the ball well. I am more concerned about there defense. And Hearing that Mo. East has some good backs might make this a game if they run well for 4 qtrs. Bearden did well 2qtrs. Just didn't finish the game well.  But if the defense gets better each week like I think they can. Something special could happen on Dolly Parton Parkway this year. Like a parade..!!!

56-21? Ouch. I am hoping we can at least slow them down a little on defense so they do not hang 50+ on us but I would guess our defense is probably not as good as Beardens so we might be in trouble.  If our defense does not improve on their pass coverage this week we will definitely see 50. I was told that Bearden ran the ball very well against SC and our running game is definitely our strongest so maybe we can have some success there. Who knows, we might get blown out or we might play way above our heads and keep it close. My hopeful prediction is ME 42-41 but reality is more like SC 49-28. See I just cannot give them 50+

Well it is gameday and it is official. The SC fans are too classy to get in any coacht message board trash talking.  I guess I will just have to wait and see if I am going to be eating crow or basking in all of my glory.lol

here goes

ME 35 - 34

That score seemed to work for us last week so I am going with it.

Go CANES

WB couldn't stop MoEast from running outside....SC will not have that problem, and MoEast won't come close to stopping the SC offense.  Last week when WB would throw, it was either a screen pass or a 50 yard pass, they never threw mid-range patterns, underneath patterns, drag pattern with a pick.....SC QB will go through his progression and hit the open man, and MoEast won't come close to stopping it, IMO. I think this will be a blowout.

SC         49

MoEast  10

coloradojoe, I do see ME being much improved but I would say that the SC defense with 2 weeks of practice will have their tackling issues all worked out.

SC 56-14 with running clock the entire 2nd half

Doubt an extra week of practice will make that big a difference tonight. Inexperienced and small are pretty big obstacles to overcome in just one season of play. I am afraid our best defense this year will have to be our offense. Fortunately our offense should be good enough to carry us to 7 or 8 wins on their own while the young pups grow up.