Powell vs Karns

powellphoto

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same story from the first two games. Powell is hurting themselves more than the other team. At this rate it will be tough to stay in the top 4 in the district.

Agreed. Powell looked lost and completely uninspired in this game, and that has to change. This will be a rough season if they don't stop shooting themselves in the foot. When you outgain an opponent almost 4 to 1 and have a +1 turnover margin, the game shouldn't be close. At all. Too many mistakes, especially in the red zone. Give credit to Karns though. Down 19-0 with about 10 minutes to play, they showed a lot of fight and almost pulled off a major upset.

Karns played an entire new line up on O last night, thought the soph QB done well for his first start, we still have issues moving the ball but at least there were some positives with not has many mental mistakes and turnovers, from what I was told by one of the coaches we only had three starters starting in there normal positions, Powell gave us some ops but, I was very proud of our young men to be in position to win the game at the end, maybe we can make some more head way this week, good luck Powell for the rest of the season.

Karns played well most of the last ten minutes until the game was on the line.  Then the coaching and the playing went in the toilet.  Why you try to draw the other team offsides when you're already at the 1 1/2 yd line is puzzling?  Getting a delay of game penalty immediately after the 1st mistake is a major coaching error.  Then the sophomore QB fumbles twice in a row to end the game.  I appreciate Coach Morris's fondness for playing young players, but he's got the senior QB Naumann who's a lot more poised (and better able to pick out his receivers) than the sophomore.  Naumann may be a bit cocky and sometimes a hot head but I believe he's got more desire to win than anyone out there.  We really don't need more excuses.  We need some offense and some wins!

From what was being said over by the looker room is the OC wanted to punch it in and the HC was screaming at the offense NOT to run the play that was called to run time, I was over by the locker room and I can say there was for sure some upset guys, I agree the offense has got to start producing but the line looks to be a major issue for us and it seems we never have the same kids starting, As far as the QB situation I thought the young Q played better then Nauman has shown in his two starts, I over heard one of the coaches talking to Powell's coach and he said that Karns made allot of changes trying to find a line and a combination to play with, I do like the Displine these coaches are holding the kids to.

Wow, when you get the ball at the 1 1/2 yard line with two minutes you should run that play on the first sound.  Run up to the line, snap the ball and punch it in.  If you don't get it the clock runs and you do it again.  Sounds like they blew that one because they were afraid to leave too much time on the board.  Right there you punch it in and the D has to go out and make a play.  That has to hurt.  I feel sorry for the kids.