Rverdale 0-2 at #6 Blackman 2-0

TDCman

Riverdale doesnt have an IB program to my knowledge. Although there are complaints of IB students on the football team at Oakland that are either not actually taking or passing IB courses...but as I previously stated, TSSAA is too incompetent to do anything about it. 

And while your coaches may have exploited a loophole, is that the lesson want taught to young men? So you cheated legally, and a coach taught you how to do it, after influencing you to come play at a different school. No wonder you jump on LOD's bandwagon. You learned the low road at an early age. 

Prove it.................

The web-site was one of the nation's best because Coach Wyant started it and then turned it over to me and I maintained it for several years. Thank you for the compliment.  I then was laid off my job of 17 years when health care reform meant no one wanted to build hospitals until it got figured out, so I went back to school, taking 18 hour semesters spring, fall and summer, completing 135 hours in 3 years, graduating Summa Cum Laude with a 3.75 GPA in History, with a double minor of Education (3.9) and Political Science (4.0).   That didn't leave me much time to work on the football webpage. I went back to work for that same company as soon as I graduated from college. I have been trying to get the website back up to those lofty standards the past few weeks, updating the all-time records page, all-time scores page, coaches records page and other items. I have a laundry list of things still to do, from adding my twitter feed to updating other items.  

Coach A understood I was going to school.  So did Mr. Nolan.  As a 35-Romeo, I know my Army terms quite well myself. I know my 3 general orders.  I don't remember questioning leadership among them? 

I have volunteered my time at Riverdale since 1994 for the usual fee, a diet coke and the occasional chicken sandwich.  Where were others jumping in to volunteer to work on the website or other things to do while I was taking those 18 hour semesters?  

I am not trying to sell anything, so I could care less if you are not buying anything. I am stating my love for my school, my football program and my coaches. I have that same love for Alabama since 1966, regardless of record. I have had that love for my Cubs since 1969, regardless of record. That is is what a true fan does, loves his team. Sure, I wish we had kept Lou Brock and traded away Soriano years ago.  I wish we had kept Maddux instead of him going to the Braves. I don't blame Bartman. My shortstop should have fielded a ground ball.  But boots happen. As a Red Sox fan since 1967, I know all about boots (Durham vs Padres, Bill Buckner in '86)

By the way, I have a love for other high school programs as well, from East to West. Because high school sports is about kids playing a game, learning teamwork, cooperation, compromise, commitment, handling failure, dealing with success.  Every team at every level loses their last game except a select few.  My Riverdale football team has had the great feeling of not losing that last game four times since 1994. A lot of schools have lost more. A select few have lost less. 

As we say in Alabama, sometimes you are the hammer, sometimes you are the nail.  We have been the hammer for a long time...  And one day we will be the hammer again...

Long post. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Your time situation is well understood (you didn't even mention running for county mayor).

Please understand that I'm not bashing you. I'm bashing a problem that went on for years and wasn't resolved (this is just one example). Accountability for unresolved issues around the football program fall at Aydelott's feet. Last I heard he was the head coach.

Prove it.................

I dont have access to the records that would prove it. I have a feeling just my saying this will have your boys making sure to clean up. Don't panic yet, but the word is out there. You guys just have to make sure that any football players that filled out the paper work to come to Oakland for the IB program are actually in the IB program and taking IB courses, and on track to graduate with an IB diploma. If they are not, then they have to go back to their zoned school. Simple. If they are not and they continue to play, you could have a messy little problem. Its not usually too many players, it is the IB program, for Pete's sake. 

I dont have access to the records that would prove it. I have a feeling just my saying this will have your boys making sure to clean up. Don't panic yet, but the word is out there. You guys just have to make sure that any football players that filled out the paper work to come to Oakland for the IB program are actually in the IB program and taking IB courses, and on track to graduate with an IB diploma. If they are not, then they have to go back to their zoned school. Simple. If they are not and they continue to play, you could have a messy little problem. Its not usually too many players, it is the IB program, for Pete's sake. 

You have no proof, so why would I be worried, whether it be Oakland or any other team in the district? People accused Riverdale and Rankin for years or recruiting and cheating. What did they prove? That theyre really good at accusing people of stuff they did not do

actually this is not true...the ib program doesnt even start until there JR year.  TSSAA doesnt care what school they go to until they start playing so even if they did make them go back to their zoned school which they wont they would not be elegible to play until sitting out a year I sm not sure of the exact number but of the 40 something students asking for a zone exemption for the IB program about 30 of them were athletes that is a lot of SMART athletes huh .  So a friend of mine made a better suggestion....they go to their zoned school until their JR year when the IB program starts they can then switch to oakland...also my understanding is only 1 school in a county is allowed the IB program oakland did it to help get them off of the no child left behind list

actually this is not true...the ib program doesnt even start until there JR year.  TSSAA doesnt care what school they go to until they start playing so even if they did make them go back to their zoned school which they wont they would not be elegible to play until sitting out a year I sm not sure of the exact number but of the 40 something students asking for a zone exemption for the IB program about 30 of them were athletes that is a lot of SMART athletes huh .  So a friend of mine made a better suggestion....they go to their zoned school until their JR year when the IB program starts they can then switch to oakland...also my understanding is only 1 school in a county is allowed the IB program oakland did it to help get them off of the no child left behind list

You are only partially correct. While true IB courses do not start until the jr year, students in the IB program have to be in Honors or pre IB courses. If they do not maintain certain grades in those courses, they never get to take the IB courses starting their junior year. They have now lost their reason for being at a school they are not zoned to, and TSSAA does have an issue with that if they are playing sports there. While your friend's suggestion sounds good, it does not work out to well for the IB school. Students being students make friends and settle in. Most who were once going to be IB students find that the AP choices of most schools are more than challenging enough, gives a broader education and exposure than IB, gets them college credit at most universities including all TN Board of Regents schools, with a certain test score, where IB you risk not getting anything until you get the diploma, and they have made friends that they don't want to leave. Other IB schools tried it that way and it didnt work out. Its up to the IB Board how many schools in a geographic area can be IB. Metro has 2 now, I think. Hillsboro and Hunters Lane. I think some others may have applied.