South Side vs. Marshall Co.

FormerCav

After two years of losing to the Hawks in the playoffs...I'm sure the Tigers from Marshall County will be out for blood, as a matter of fact, from what I understand most of the Marshall County fans and players wanted to play South Side so they could get some payback.

Sorry Tiger fans, I think it's gonna be 3 years. The best two win team in the state will upset the Tigers in Lewisburg, 17-7...

...any other predictions on this game? Like to hear what everyone else thinks, especially the Marshall county fans.

[Edited by FormerCav on 11-2-02 6:32P]

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by WesVols:

Marshall County 38, South Side 13

Mario Davis is too tough.

WesVols..I don`t think Marshall County can win by that much. I`ve seen Southside play and they are a good team. They have played one of the toughest schedule`s in the state and their record in no way reflects how good they are. A lot depends on how well Southside`s coach can get them ready. It has been a disappointing season for the Hawk`s and they are coming off a tough triple overtime loss to Lexington. If they come out with the attitude that this is a new season they could win this game. I`d have to give a slight advantage to Marshall since they will have the homefield.

Guest SShawksfan

I tired of hearing the hawks are the best 2-7 team. Just because they have been in a couple of games doesn't make them a good team. Marshall will beat them Friday. Until they get a coach it doesn't matter how much talent a team has. I hope they win but they will have to overcome a big setback... go hawks

I want to hear from some Marshall Co. fans after this game. If they are not impressed with the size and speed of South Side...well, let's just say they will be. South Side has enough talent to be a one or two loss team. They just don't have the coaching to win the big games. Marshall County could come into this game thinking it's gonna be easy. But South Side is the most talented losing team I think I've EVER seen. They have the size and speed to dominate, yet for some reason they don't. I've played against a good Marshall Co. team and they're size a couple years ago did not compare at all to South Side's this year. If Marshall Co. is anything at all like the Marshall Co. of the past few years, I think they may be outmatched in the size and speed category. However, Marshall Co. has the advantage in coaching, plus they have a big play back unlike South Side. It will be closer than most people expect.

Volfan911

Marshall County has great speed. They can put a lot of points on the board in a hurry. If Southside can keep Marshall from making the big plays, then they might have a shot. After losing to them the last couple of years, I don't think Marshall will overlook them. This Marshall County team seems to be a little more focused than last years. Their only loss was to a very good David Lipscomb team.....and from what I hear they out played Lipscomb, but lost on the scoreboard. They have been on a roll since that loss.

I will take Marshall County......and it could get ugly.

[Edited by COACHHARD on 11-2-02 9:38P]

two in a row was too many and i dont see the tigers losing. not to down the teams from the years before but i think the will to win or the hate of the defeat is too great for marshall co. to lose. marshall co. plays every week to gain respect and we feel that we have done that every week and this should be no different. wait until friday.tigers focus these next five weeks.

REGION 6 BRING IT OWN

WE AINT SCARED MR.PITTS

Look i play for McNairy Central and i play OLB an i had a time chasing after towater. we played southside the second game of the season. Towater is a awesome player. Marshall better not let him get to the corner or he will all over them so they better contain him. Southside MLB is a awesome player too Marshall better block or he will be making plays everywhere all night. Southside did have a hard schedule JCM and Haywood Co. All i'm saying is that Marshall better play and all the crap about home field don't mean nothin. Cause it the playoffs and anything can happen.

[Edited by bobcats44sjk on 11-3-02 2:27P]