Sequatchie County Schedule- Just don't get it...

CHAMPDDS

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't understand you obviously have a child or relative that goes to ccs or notre dame and don't realize how blessed you are with a skilled team. You get everything handed to y'all basically because y'all have been trained and already have the skill that some public schools will never maintain. Sequatchie doesn't mean any harm. They have only been a team for several years now and got stuck in one of the most hardest districts with teams as good as notre dame and ccs. They're trying to get better. The thing between them and private school people don't realize how hard they have to work. They literally started from the bottom and are slowly but surely getting better. Instead of griping about how they don't man up and play you why don't you be happy for them. Besides you know you'd beat them anyway why are you complaining about it. You have the chance to get to go to state every year, these girls have to work triple the amount just to maintain a good record. They've played some hard teams such as signal and silverdale. You have to start somewhere. Quit dogging them and let them have their little moment of fame. You get yours almost every year. I haven't spoke to their coach ever so I don't know his reason behind why they won't let him play but I don't need to know. I'm happy for them. They are doing well.

I have said it before, you are correct....God created Catholics to be better soccer players...we are truly blessed.... :flower:

D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

I have said it before, you are correct....God created Catholics to be better soccer players...we are truly blessed.... :flower:

D

Champ, don't give ooosoccer more than he can handle.....give him time to adjust; he is new You big ole' Private School Bully......you bet boogerette is trained to be a better soccer player; and it hasn't been cheap.......how much better; well that is for her opponents to decide.......we just happened to choose soccer over softball or hair bows :roflol:

I love how everytime anyone comes on this site and has an opinion the Chattanooga few have to belittle them.  You know alot of people used to have meaningful chats on this site, but now, its pretty much just the same few bragging about how great their private schools are.  Why not go D2 or AAA if you are so good?

DeKalb...You have become quite bitter for some reason...Is it wrong to be proud of your school? Why not brag? We are proud of the players....They work hard....But if someone new to the board comes out flaming the private schools and their priviledged players and saying that things were "handed to ya'll" , I take issue with that and will defend my daughter and her school and the hard work they have done to get where they are...

Now, I certainly will not speak for all private schools, but I have mentioned this before...Notre Dame, although not 100% Catholic students, is a large percentage Catholic, that being said, I am of course joking when I comment about God creating better soccer players....Notre Dame (the ONLY Catholic high school in Chattanooga) draws players from all over the city obviously,, but as I said, a majority are Catholic, so the player pool for soccer is very limited (much like a public school has a limited pool of players from the particular school's local zone)....it is their hard work and dedication as a group that creates a great team....again, schools like Baylor, etc. that draw from all areas, all religions, etc. certainly can be targeted for criticism, but I believe that does not hold true for Notre Dame...

D

D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

I love how everytime anyone comes on this site and has an opinion the Chattanooga few have to belittle them.  You know alot of people used to have meaningful chats on this site, but now, its pretty much just the same few bragging about how great their private schools are.  Why not go D2 or AAA if you are so good?

Booger has found in the past, that lying down on a dark leather sofa and expressing your true inner emotions to someone you trust, can bring much needed happiness. :popcorneater:

someone want break down for Dekalb the size and strength of most of these schools, and which ones are Private.....Booger really believes he is trying to get better, he just know not what he sayeth......you feel what i'm smoking Dekalb

ND 2013 Schedule

Maryville                                  0-3

@ Farragut                              0-0

JV 1-0

@ East Hamilton                     1-0      

Baylor Tournament

Germantown                        4-0                                                                  

Briarcrest                            1-3

Arlington                              1-1                  

Bearden Tournament

Harden Valley                      1-2                                                                  

CAK                                       0-0

KnoxCatholic                       1-2

@ Marion County*                   13-0

(JV and non-starters)

@ Baylor                                  0-1

@ CCS*                                    0-0                              

@ Soddy Daisy                        1-2

@ Signal Mountain*                3-0

@ GPS                                      ?

@ Silverdale                            ?

Cleveland                                 ?

Science Hill                              ?                                                                              

Bearden                                    ?

UPSB's,  Urban Private School Bullies, Nobody likes'em.  Go to D2.  Jackson County was added to that district this year, I don't see ND or CCS racing up there to beat them down either.  Just like the fact that nobody posts on Coach T soccer message boards anymore. We've all got sick of the UPSB's. :popcorneater:

I'm not sure what you are smoking, but it sure would be nice if you took some of that private school money and learned to speak English. :popcorneater:

is Booger the only one seeing a trend here :angry: .......

Seriously Dekalb and back to topic; SC has earned themselves a spot in post season play (which is awesome for those girls). How do you see the rest of their season playing out with that schedule?.........Also; knowing what you know about there regular season play against all the teams in their district; how do you foresee SC's run into and through the post-season?  

Smith Co. has really improved, although they have lost 2 District matches, and will finish 4th in our district.  I think several of their girls are getting individual training, and the addition of the Nigro girls  and dad over the past few years has certainly helped.  As far as District 8 goes though, I think Merrol Hyde deserves the recognition.  They have a very strong team with several club players.  The match to watch will be Merrol Hyde against Central Magnet Oct. 4th. Both teams are undefeated in district and have skilled players, but I give the edge to Merrol Hyde.

DeKalb...You have become quite bitter for some reason...Is it wrong to be proud of your school? Why not brag? We are proud of the players....They work hard....But if someone new to the board comes out flaming the private schools and their priviledged players and saying that things were "handed to ya'll" , I take issue with that and will defend my daughter and her school and the hard work they have done to get where they are...

Now, I certainly will not speak for all private schools, but I have mentioned this before...Notre Dame, although not 100% Catholic students, is a large percentage Catholic, that being said, I am of course joking when I comment about God creating better soccer players....Notre Dame (the ONLY Catholic high school in Chattanooga) draws players from all over the city obviously,, but as I said, a majority are Catholic, so the player pool for soccer is very limited (much like a public school has a limited pool of players from the particular school's local zone)....it is their hard work and dedication as a group that creates a great team....again, schools like Baylor, etc. that draw from all areas, all religions, etc. certainly can be targeted for criticism, but I believe that does not hold true for Notre Dame...

D

D

DeKalbsCoachK  may be bitter, but he certainly has the stats on his side.  11 in a row for private schools in A-AA.

2012 Christ Presbyterian Academy 2011 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2010 Notre Dame 2009 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2008 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2007 Franklin Road Academy 2006 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2005 Franklin Road Academy 2004 Franklin Road Academy 2003 Donelson Christian Academy 2002 Franklin Road Academy 2001 Ridgeway 2000 Ridgeway 1999 Ridgeway 1998 Ridgeway 1997 Chattanooga Christian

DeKalbsCoachK  may be bitter, but he certainly has the stats on his side.  11 in a row for private schools in A-AA.

2012 Christ Presbyterian Academy 2011 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2010 Notre Dame 2009 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2008 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2007 Franklin Road Academy 2006 Christian Academy of Knoxville 2005 Franklin Road Academy 2004 Franklin Road Academy 2003 Donelson Christian Academy 2002 Franklin Road Academy 2001 Ridgeway 2000 Ridgeway 1999 Ridgeway 1998 Ridgeway 1997 Chattanooga Christian

So what are you saying? Public schools should be handed a trophy in girls' soccer? We don't ask for anything in basketball, volleyball, softball, etc. If anything, this is an indictment on the development of soccer players in the United States. Coach K. should spend time developing youth soccer. It will pay off eventually.

So what are you saying? Public schools should be handed a trophy in girls' soccer? We don't ask for anything in basketball, volleyball, softball, etc. If anything, this is an indictment on the development of soccer players in the United States. Coach K. should spend time developing youth soccer. It will pay off eventually.

I may be off one or two on the following.  With the exception of basketball private schools have won their share.  Soccer has not penetrated into smaller communities.  I believe Coach K. is working to develop youth soccer in his community.  He is 20 years behind urban and a lot of sub-urban communities.

Baseball Class A private schools have won 11 of last 17

Baseball Class AA private schools have won 10 of last 17

Softball Class A private schools have won 15 of last 17

Softball Class AA private schools have won 5 of last 17

Boys Soccer A-AA private schools have won 15 of last 18

Volleyball A, AA and A-AA private schools have won 8 of last 23

Boys Basketball Class A private schools have won 7 of 18

Boys Basketball Class AA private schools have won 2 of 18

Girls Basketball Class A private schools have won 0 of 18

Girls Basketball Class AA private schools have won 2 of last 18