Rhea Co. @ Walker Valley

Cope1822

Not worried about Cookeville right now, that's several games away.  Pemberton and the Eagles are focused on Walker Valley.  We've done some good things so far, but have also made a lot of mistakes that will cost us against better opponents.  Coaching staff are making sure the team gets better every game.  Can't wait to see how we do Friday, it'll be interesting seeing a different style D and us defending a familiar Offensive attack.

Edited by SFW

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBRF, we miss you too. It saddens me that we don't get to play you guys this year.

As for WV, I hope we can put together a good first road game. From what I've heard, they seem to run the ball by committee, so they may always have fresh legs. If I remember correctly, the paper yesterday showed that their leading rusher was their QB (don't quote me on that). If they're running a 3 man front, I like our chances with the run game.

Speaking of running game, how is York? After seeing him go down last week with an obvious rib injury, is he going to be 100%? I've heard he has a cracked rib, but also heard he will play tomorrow night. I know he is tough and our coaches seem pretty intelligent, but if he has a cracked rib, IMO he needs to rest. Contrary to some belief, there is life other than football and health should be taken into consideration.

RC by 14

Talked with York's family no breaks or fractures, just bruised ribs. He's not had any contact in practice this week just to make sure not to aggravate it. He'll be in a rib protector and ready to go Friday.

Guys not trying to be a wet blanket or anything but it would probably be best if we didn't discuss our players injuries in too much detail on CoachT because we don't want to give the opponent something to shoot for. It happens. Just saying.

Go Eagles!