Fayetteville vs MTCS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm ever back down that way, I'll be sure to stop in and write my name on the wall again.

For those that don't know, Lincoln County's old 18th century jail is Cahoots restaurant...pretty neat attraction and food also.

Let me ask you a question, or anyone that may know..Can any student  in Lincoln County attend Fayetteville High?...I know Lincoln County High is less than 2 miles from the new school.

Fayetteville High is open to any student that lives in the county or city limits.  We have lost students transferring to County and some LCHS students have transferred to us, it's all about choice and what we can offer as opposed to what county can offer.  That being said, we think we have a good thing going across the river, i.e. a good combination of academics AND athletics.  Being a smaller school, we're balancing success in the classroom with success on the field or court.  Unlike some colleges that try to accomplish both and can't, we are starting to see that it is possible.  And while our teams have been undergoing a trial by fire competing against bigger, established programs laden with upperclassmen/women,  our Tigers are being recognized as competitive until the last whistle blows.  A long answer to your short question, but I and others are very proud of our school and our kids.  I'll put on my orange colored glasses again and say we'll take down Middle TN Christian tomorrow by three TDs.  We will make some noise in D9 this first year, and I hope it continues past this District.

Fayetteville High is open to any student that lives in the county or city limits.  We have lost students transferring to County and some LCHS students have transferred to us, it's all about choice and what we can offer as opposed to what county can offer.  That being said, we think we have a good thing going across the river, i.e. a good combination of academics AND athletics.  Being a smaller school, we're balancing success in the classroom with success on the field or court.  Unlike some colleges that try to accomplish both and can't, we are starting to see that it is possible.  And while our teams have been undergoing a trial by fire competing against bigger, established programs laden with upperclassmen/women,  our Tigers are being recognized as competitive until the last whistle blows.  A long answer to your short question, but I and others are very proud of our school and our kids.  I'll put on my orange colored glasses again and say we'll take down Middle TN Christian tomorrow by three TDs.  We will make some noise in D9 this first year, and I hope it continues past this District.

Thanks for the response...maybe Sp and Fayetteville will meet up in the near future.

Again best of luck tonight.

Fayetteville has as much or more talent than any 1A school. They beat MTCS tomorrow night by at least two scores.

Ambassador, you were dead on!  What a game, back and forth defensive struggle, 14-12 at the half.  MTCS couldn't convert after their TDs, FHS kept pounding away.  If not for some penalties FHS would have scored even more.  With the final at 28-12 it was a heck of a football game!  GO TIGERS!  Watch out Moore Co., you're next in our sights.