Week 5 - #7 - NCS @ Jo Byrns

ArtVandelayTN

The issue are

1) you played an in-eligible student. FACT!

2) then you want some type of accolades for reporting it? Because no other school would??

3) then you want to minimize the the deed as if it didn't matter anyway cause the player was 3rd string and didn't participate? But he did or it would not have been a violation.

Bottom line!

Should not have happened!

Reporting it was not a choice!

Never minimize a misdeed cause it makes you seem insincere.

Also never go on camera a try to seem like a saint for reporting a violation. You had to report it.

Actually the television station asked to do the interview. We just stated the facts, I don't recall us asking for sainthood during the segment. Maybe you should take your meds first, wait an hour, and watch it again. Clearly you are a few sandwiches short of a picnic in your current mental state.

I believe Nashville Christian will win this game. Good luck to my buddies from JoByrns.

Ambassador thx !

JB has a stiff challenge in NC this week, they are on the upswing of another private in progression to div II eventually, they have a great staff and some really good kids in the program at the current time and I don't think it's gunna slow up in years to come. All we can do is playem 1 at a time week by week and try to get better each week to compete come nov. we don't have a state contender but the boys will not be shaken by NC, they will line up and play hard and something tells me it's gunna be a close game, hopefully my Devils can pull it out !

Ambassador thx !

JB has a stiff challenge in NC this week, they are on the upswing of another private in progression to div II eventually, they have a great staff and some really good kids in the program at the current time and I don't think it's gunna slow up in years to come. All we can do is playem 1 at a time week by week and try to get better each week to compete come nov. we don't have a state contender but the boys will not be shaken by NC, they will line up and play hard and something tells me it's gunna be a close game, hopefully my Devils can pull it out !

Enlighten all of us. Is this NCS team the caliber of the good JoByrns teams from 2008-2010?

Enlighten all of us. Is this NCS team the caliber of the good JoByrns teams from 2008-2010?

We thgt we were good til we met a real 1A program in 2010 lol..... I really don't know at this point but I will certainly answer your question Friday night, I will give an unbiased opinion of how far I think both teams will go, at the moment I think the Devils are a 2nd round team and the eagles at least a qtr final team, that's jus my honest opinion

Actually the television station asked to do the interview. We just stated the facts, I don't recall us asking for sainthood during the segment. Maybe you should take your meds first, wait an hour, and watch it again. Clearly you are a few sandwiches short of a picnic in your current mental state.

The television station might have asked for the interview. It would have been a better decision to just make a written statement that went something like this: 1) Nashville Christian School made a mistake by playing an academically ineligible student. 2) We self reported and as the head coach I accept full responsibility. 3) We accept the TSSAA penalty. 4) We will ensure this never happens again. 5) we will have no futher comment.

It sounds more sincere.

And yes, I'm guess im was a 3rd string Senior that is a ffew sandwiches short of a picnic in my current mental state. Lol.

You sure throw out a lot of insults for someone supporting Nashville Christian School.

We thgt we were good til we met a real 1A program in 2010 lol..... I really don't know at this point but I will certainly answer your question Friday night, I will give an unbiased opinion of how far I think both teams will go, at the moment I think the Devils are a 2nd round team and the eagles at least a qtr final team, that's jus my honest opinion

LMBO. The 2010 SP team was a decent team, but honestly our teams in 85,86,93,94,95,98,99,2003,2007,2008 and 2009 would have beaten them handily.

This is for Butchie. The 2007 team would have beaten SP's 2010 team by at least 21 points.

Edited by TheAmbassador

The television station might have asked for the interview. It would have been a better decision to just make a written statement that went something like this: 1) Nashville Christian School made a mistake by playing an academically ineligible student. 2) We self reported and as the head coach I accept full responsibility. 3) We accept the TSSAA penalty. 4) We will ensure this never happens again. 5) we will have no futher comment.

It sounds more sincere.

And yes, I'm guess im was a 3rd string Senior that is a ffew sandwiches short of a picnic in my current mental state. Lol.

You sure throw out a lot of insults for someone supporting Nashville Christian School.

Just cause you're Christian doesn't mean you can't have a sense of humor nor does it "forbade Thee from celebrating the defeat of the (red) Devil(s)". Can I get an Amen! Jesus had a great sense of humor so I'm in good company thank you very little.

• Upvote 1

Costanza, I think the real story is that you've been handing out discount cashmere sweaters to moms, trying to entice their kids to go to NC! Oh how this week will be fun! Thanks for picking that screen name, George!

Episode reference...The Red Dot

Edited by Shep

I don't think we are going to know how good this NCS team is until Friday night.  Let's be honest, we've had an easy go of it so far.  Now if we come away with another lopsided victory against JB, then we can start talking about being a legitimate quarter-final contender.  I'm not saying we've played patsies, but until you face important 3rd/4th down situations that can change a game, do you really know how a team will handle pressure?