White Co vs Warren Co

theoldballcoachbaby

White County Warriors improve to 4-1 for only 3rd time in 30 years. It was a hard fought game just as I thought it would be. Warren County played hard and both teams knew it was an important game. White County got this one on the strength of a 90-yard interception return late in the first half to put the game at 15-6 and then a late drive when the going got tough and Blake Lynn , playing through an injury, bounced around the right end to score a fourth quarter touchdown to make it 23-9. The Pioneers scored with a about one minute left minute left in the game to make it 23-16 but the onside kick was recovered!

Being a MondayAmQB I will just say the one stat that matters is the scoreboard. Win and loss column is the way you get to playoffs the way you win district titles and reason coaches lose their jobs normally. It's evident the losses will continue to mount for the Pioneers. They gave their all last night on Homecoming against a traditional rival and yet again they sit 1-4 in win loss column with more Ls coming on future Friday nights. We all have seen this song and dance before. Remember before our two supposedly pro sport school board commissioners were elected how the losses mounted and how they said they would make sure that changed. How our new supt. of schools said sports especially revenue producing teams were a top priority. What has changed. Let me as a MondayAMQB tell you. Nothing. The ones mentioned above have helped their family members and friends, but what have they truly done to help our sons be successful on Friday night different than the others they replaced. Nothing. The scapegoat will be head coach and maybe he needs to be fired. The point is the people truly in charge hired him and now will point finger instead of accepting responsibility. The good ole boy network is still alive and well in every phase of this community. Look in paper Friday. Read between the lines people. Our school administration can't get ACT scores up to avg state level. They can't help our revenue producing football team be successful. Look how many dollars we spend on our kids every year in every phase including new schools newly created positions etc. and at end of day results are below avg sometimes down right failing. This has been going on and on since early 90s. It is this MondayAMQB opinion it won't change until we start holding those truly in charge to fire.

Well, White Co did just what i thought they might. They pay down to the other team. It's happened every game this year. You could see it on the field. After that first TD they took the "we got this" attitude. It didn't bite them last night, but it will before this years over. I know that these kid are not used to winning and they don't know what it's like to put your foot on the throat of another team, but they better learn if they want to take the next step. I was shocked that Warren could not rush the ball. Great looking line and a couple of backs that have way above avg rushing ability. QB is the real deal, just nothing to go with them. Much improved from last year!!

Well, White Co did just what i thought they might. They pay down to the other team. It's happened every game this year. You could see it on the field. After that first TD they took the "we got this" attitude. It didn't bite them last night, but it will before this years over. I know that these kid are not used to winning and they don't know what it's like to put your foot on the throat of another team, but they better learn if they want to take the next step. I was shocked that Warren could not rush the ball. Great looking line and a couple of backs that have way above avg rushing ability. QB is the real deal, just nothing to go with them. Much improved from last year!!

Finding a way to win a tight game probably benefits them more in the long run since they have won a couple games pretty easy. Just an opinion.

White County has to learn to handle success and how to handle being favored and to stay hungry. They have to learn to play with a 'chip on their shoulder' and that is a process. It doesn't just happen over night. The fact that this year's team can go 5-1 for the first time since 1982 with a win this week should motivate them to continue to work hard. I agree that a tight game might be beneficial later on. The Warriors are 8-4 since starting last season 0-4. Time to get ready for Chattanooga Christian!