Ensworth's emergence has killed the D2 board

nosidj

Haha ... I thought the same thing a few weeks back ... One man races seem to do that sometimes. That and only having a few teams you play over and over. There are some exciting storylines in d 2 still but it sure looks like ensworth is in the driving seat. I had hopes after BA's great start they would be able to go toe to toe with them this year but the wheels have come off the offense the last two weeks.. Father ryan is improved, mccallie is dangerous ... MBA could also be a spoiler ....

Haha ... I thought the same thing a few weeks back ... One man races seem to do that sometimes. That and only having a few teams you play over and over. There are some exciting storylines in d 2 still but it sure looks like ensworth is in the driving seat. I had hopes after BA's great start they would be able to go toe to toe with them this year but the wheels have come off the offense the last two weeks.. Father ryan is improved, mccallie is dangerous ... MBA could also be a spoiler ....

Maybe we should just push for Ensworth and Alabama to play and be done with it. Both levels seem to be one horse races

I'm not surprised where BA is at this point. They lost a ton of talent from last yr's team not to mention double digit starters. And of those starters 8 have gone on to play college football at schools such as Florida, Florida State, TCU, Navy, Air Force, etc.  - all good programs. And at least 2 more likely could played if that had chosen to do so. Not sure any team in the state had 8 guys move to the next level. Tough to replace that amount of talent. BA Is young at many spots. I think it will be a rough got for them the rest of the way. Agree with your comments on McCallie and MBA. I think MBA has the best chance of pushing to the top.  

Maybe we should just push for Ensworth and Alabama to play and be done with it. Both levels seem to be one horse race

I'm not surprised where BA is at this point. They lost a ton of talent from last yr's team not to mention double digit starters. And of those starters 8 have gone on to play college football at schools such as Florida, Florida State, TCU, Navy, Air Force, etc. - all good programs. And at least 2 more likely could played if that had chosen to do so. Not sure any team in the state had 8 guys move to the next level. Tough to replace that amount of talent. BA Is young at many spots. I think it will be a rough got for them the rest of the way. Agree with your comments on McCallie and MBA. I think MBA has the best chance of pushing to the top.

Question, and if u are a BA fan, no disrespect intended, but how did BA loose to Ensworth last year with all that talent? I know Ensworth had Elder, but did they have any other senior sign with a major program?

Is it coaching? Bad luck?

Question, and if u are a BA fan, no disrespect intended, but how did BA loose to Ensworth last year with all that talent? I know Ensworth had Elder, but did they have any other senior sign with a major program?

Good question for both the E and MUS games. I'm sure other BA fans have some thoughts. I would say E's lines out muscled ours. Elder is great but that OL he had is also. New coaching/ 1st yr system for BA played into it - offense was pretty basic. I think there are also key times where they did not play as a team and we know how important that is. Sometimes relied on too few to make plays. And yes i think they underperformed. I'm not sure i believe in good or bad luck. Things go against you but things also go in your favor and you need to take advantage and/or deal with both. Those are my thoughts. No doubt they had the talent to go all of the way.

As for E players moving on, others close to the pgm can give numbers. Yes more than Corn but don't know how many. They were good that's for sure. 

I guess we are moving away a bit from the essence of the topic and maybe i started that. DII does seem to be predictable. Maybe we'll get surprised

Ensworth knows its identity, molds its players to fit that identity and equips them with the coaching, facilities and support they need to succeed. Coach Bowers has built a culture of dominance that engenders confidence in his players.

Of course, D1 talent is not the only measure of a team's skill. Ensworth has every bit as much talent and depth as BA or any other team in Division II, in addition to possessing some future college prospects. BA was very talented last year, but Ensworth's defensive game plan and execution were very effective against the Eagles' talented offense. BA's defense played well enough to win, but the offense was rendered virtually ineffective on that night. It wasn't a coaching issue or a luck issue. It was Ensworth simply being the better team.

I agree wirh you Wes and Meritage. I still hope this BA squad comes together. I was talking with a person who has athletic influence at another big private school and they were commenting to me that he felt BA's losses looked more to do with youth than talent. So hopefully they grow up this week and start clicking. The last few years BA peaked early so hope this year it's late. There is alot of talent at BA from grades 7-10. Maybe more than they have had in a long long time. You never know how kids will mature and how many will focus on football - mix that with kids who will surely come in . BA is in good shape.

On a side note there is alot of smack talking among the ensworth and father ryan faithful on twitter. Ensworth wants a smack down. McCallie is playing the top ranked team in ky this week and there are two great game to watch in BA - MBA and FR - Ensworth. It sure is more exciting when there are multiple teams playing well and in nashville there are 4 privates that are still dangerous. I'm headed to MBA and will be at science hill next week.

There are other reasons why people leave these boards ... Ripping from some of the public schools , and people just burn out. I have seen very few ensworth fans on here to begin with and it's just not good for someone's football health to always talk about what's wrong at xyz school and why are they not winning. Just more interesting to talk about winning than losing i suppose. Amyways I enjoy the banter and wish they would out the privates back into the 6a playoffs. Ensworth would have been no more dominant than Maryville has been and I am not entirely sure they would be 3-0 in state championships the last 3 years. Never happen and you can look at the ky boards and see how hated trinity is ..

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

I agree wirh you Wes and Meritage. I still hope this BA squad comes together. I was talking with a person who has athletic influence at another big private school and they were commenting to me that he felt BA's losses looked more to do with youth than talent. So hopefully they grow up this week and start clicking. The last few years BA peaked early so hope this year it's late. There is alot of talent at BA from grades 7-10. Maybe more than they have had in a long long time. You never know how kids will mature and how many will focus on football - mix that with kids who will surely come in . BA is in good shape.

On a side note there is alot of smack talking among the ensworth and father ryan faithful on twitter. Ensworth wants a smack down. McCallie is playing the top ranked team in ky this week and there are two great game to watch in BA - MBA and FR - Ensworth. It sure is more exciting when there are multiple teams playing well and in nashville there are 4 privates that are still dangerous. I'm headed to MBA and will be at science hill next week.

There are other reasons why people leave these boards ... Ripping from some of the public schools , and people just burn out. I have seen very few ensworth fans on here to begin with and it's just not good for someone's football health to always talk about what's wrong at xyz school and why are they not winning. Just more interesting to talk about winning than losing i suppose. Amyways I enjoy the banter and wish they would out the privates back into the 6a playoffs. Ensworth would have been no more dominant than Maryville has been and I am not entirely sure they would be 3-0 in state championships the last 3 years. Never happen and you can look at the ky boards and see how hated trinity is ..

Here's a stat to back up your statement about BA's youth: The Eagles start four sophomores and 13 underclassmen. Of the nine seniors who start, five are first-year starters. This team is learning and growing. Perhaps it needed a wake-up call after beating MUS so handily to start the year.

COACHING!!!

I'm not a big fan of Bowers because of his coaching antics on the football field or basketball court. He intimidates the other coaches. His style gets under the opposing teams skin and that distracts the team. I think he majored in psychology. He is willing to take chances during games which causes confusion and frustration. Fake punts, onside kicks, halfback passes and even the famous statue of liberty playis always in Bowers game plan.

COACHING!!!

I'm not a big fan of Bowers because of his coaching antics on the football field or basketball court. He intimidates the other coaches. His style gets under the opposing teams skin and that distracts the team. I think he majored in psychology. He is willing to take chances during games which causes confusion and frustration. Fake punts, onside kicks, halfback passes and even the famous statue of liberty playis always in Bowers game plan.

Ah but Shakin when you do those things, three things can happen and more often than not two of them are not good! A coach in the Nashville area taught me that. And it is very true.

Edited by bounder

Yes but bowers is not reckless when he does those things and its calculated. For the most part Ensworth is a line em up , run the ball... Stop me if you can kind of team. He rarely uses those plays but has been effective non the less. Like one poster wrote on the public page about Ensworth ... Make it past the 300 pound line and you run into a 240 pound blocking fullback ... Make it past him and you have the pleasure of tackling a 220 pound tail back. Corn was a different animal but in the end ensworth has always be that type of team... Old school ... My fav team growing up was the redskins with John Riggins ... Tough white guy with a fro who would just beat your head in behind a blue collar line ... I enjoy that type of football

Ah but Shakin when you do those things, three things can happen and more often than not two of them are not good! A coach in the Nashville area taught me that. And it is very true.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976