Dobyns Bennett vs. David Crockett 9/20

blazer1set

Robinson's 8th grade in undefeated in Conf 5-0 and 5-1 overall, Sevier is 4-1 in Conf. Champ game Tues night, good when 2 Kpt teams square off in championship.

Tuesday is the city championship.Both teams will play again Thursday in the four team playoff.Seedings will be set after Tuesdays game,with 4 at 1 and 3 at 2.Liberty Bell and either TAD or Greeneville will be the other two teams.The winner of Tuesdays game will be the #1 seed.The good thing about these two teams is both stood even with Science Hills only middle school team.I hope neither team has to play liberty Bell again because they use the cut block on nearly every play .Chop block about 10 times in the one game I seen them and it was called twice.That's when a kid is blocking and another cuts his legs from the blind side.Very nasty tactics and could get a kid hurt............Almost forgot, both schools bands will be there as well Edited by BatmanDB

Who are we talking about? Class and position as well please

The kid's basically the only pretty good player Crockett has. He's their starting RB and is a Freshman, I believe. His name is T.K. Hill. He's got great potential but he's going to have trouble reaching that potential at Crockett. Not trying to be harsh, it's just the truth. You put that kid at DB or SH and I really think he could end up being a very good player.

Edited by AlumnI01

The kid's basically the only pretty good player Crockett has. He's their starting RB and is a Freshman, I believe. His name is T.K. Hill. He's got great potential but he's going to have trouble reaching that potential at Crockett. Not trying to be harsh, it's just the truth. You put that kid at DB or SH and I really think he could end up being a very good player.

He has to live in the Jonesboro or Johnson City area.Unless his family moves or wants to drive 25 miles two ways and twice a day for him to play at DB, SH would be the only logical choice. If I knew the young mans family, I'd say do what Adams did in 2008 and come on over

He has to live in the Jonesboro or Johnson City area.Unless his family moves or wants to drive 25 miles two ways and twice a day for him to play at DB, SH would be the only logical choice. If I knew the young mans family, I'd say do what Adams did in 2008 and come on over

I'm not sure where he lives. He goes to University High but plays football at Crockett since UH doesn't have a football team.

I'm not sure where he lives. He goes to University High but plays football at Crockett since UH doesn't have a football team.

We'll, if he goes to Science Hill he will get lost in the system. Carter only plays his boys and this kid is an outsider. If he moves and comes to DB and he's good enough he will play. But I will say, he better be really good. ROLL TRIBE

It's a shame  DC  doesn't have a better football program for all of those young men.I've never understood that because they have had some great baseball teams in the past.They should have a team every year like they had in 2009, competitive with most teams and  atleast a shot at the playoffs every year.

You don't have to be an athlete to be good at baseball. Or strong. Or particularly fast.

I'll have to disagree.You can play any sport and not be that good of an athlete,strong or fast.However,if you want to be a good or great player in any sport,being a good athlete that is strong and fast will  make a huge difference.