Henry Co. vs. Kenwood

SEC1rules

Interesting quote in today's Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle: “We’re not any more confident having played Henry County well,†Rossview coach Ron Lambert said. “We didn’t play well enough to win and that’s the bottom line. I felt like Henry County wasn’t that much better than we were so regardless of what the weather was like, that was a game we felt we should have won. Losing isn’t a part of our makeup anymore so we’re confident going into any game because we know we can play with any team.â€

Edited by chaos001

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting quote in today's Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle: “We’re not any more confident having played Henry County well,†Rossview coach Ron Lambert said. “We didn’t play well enough to win and that’s the bottom line. I felt like Henry County wasn’t that much better than we were so regardless of what the weather was like, that was a game we felt we should have won. Losing isn’t a part of our makeup anymore so we’re confident going into any game because we know we can play with any team.â€

That is an interesting quote.  It's also a good way to guarantee a sound beating next time around.

If they (Rossview) make it to a next meeting, the beating will be sound with or without the comments.  HC was up 20 to 0 in the first half.  Sometimes when things come too easy early, focus is lost.  And with the weather last Friday night, losing focus was not too difficult.  Having seen Rossview in person, it is apparent that HC would have to play way down to lose to Rossview.  Having said that, they are much improved and are a good team and should win several games by the end of the season.

Good luck to the Patriots tonight and to Rossview as well.

Edited by bigredatheart

Its exactly what any good coach should say, it is part of building a winning culture, and they should expect to win. It would be much more impressive if they were in 5A. I respect how much better they are but I am afraid reality is going to hit hard once they get to the 6A play-offs.....

We weren't. And we aren't looking all that impressive tonight, either.

Edited by MSURacer