9AA TALK 2013-14

BIGROB1970

Cheatham County moved to 5-0 on the season after picking up a victory at West Creek by a 72-62 margin. Jordan Darden led the Cubs with 28 points, 12 boards, and 5 slams. Saunders poured in 26 and Harlan chipped in with 14. Cubs should get a pretty good test as they travel to Harpeth Tuesday. Heard Greenbrier pulled out a big win over Harpeth last Thursday. Any details from Goob or Indian fans?

Yea, the "Cardiac Cats" pulled one out Thursday night.  Selfish play early on put the Bobcats down by about eight at halftime.  After half they started going to the big kid inside (got 11 straight points in the 3rd) and tied up the game pretty quickly. Then the two teams battled to the end but the 'cats came out with it at the end.  But you could tell Harpeth is the type of team that can knock people out quick.  Bunch of fundamentally sound players, and a workhorse of a coach. 

Good matchup tonight between Greenbrier and White House.  I'm rooting for the home Blue Devils to win, but you never know.  Nick Young likes that gym and has scored a bunch in there before.  Devils will have to play some good d. on him.  While I do like White House and think they have really improved, I give the nod in this one to the Bobcats led by Young, Allen, and Lynn.  Too much size and too much Young for them.

Yea, the "Cardiac Cats" pulled one out Thursday night.  Selfish play early on put the Bobcats down by about eight at halftime.  After half they started going to the big kid inside (got 11 straight points in the 3rd) and tied up the game pretty quickly. Then the two teams battled to the end but the 'cats came out with it at the end.  But you could tell Harpeth is the type of team that can knock people out quick.  Bunch of fundamentally sound players, and a workhorse of a coach. 

The reason the Bobcats got back into the game in the third quarter against Harpeth had very little to do with GB's big guy and more so having Young back into the game after being in foul trouble the entire first half. He started pouring 'em in in the 2nd half and never let up.  Big kid is a decent player, but was hardly a difference maker in the game in which he was at least 6" taller than any other player on the floor.

It's starting to look like a blue year in Blue Devil Country. Every game I have seen, they have been the slower, weaker, & less athletic team. Seems like they should have actually done strength, conditioning, & agility training August-November. When they scrimmaged Hillwood, they could'nt handle the press, mainly for the reasons mentioned above. There is a ton of talent on the team, but if they aren't preparing to be the more athletic and better coached team, it is going to be hard to win. There hasn't been much improvement relative to the other teams they faced. Every player on Hillwood was a better ball handler than 80% of the players at WH. Every Hillwood player executed the offense and defense with precision, while WH looked like they we playing pickup ball. I'm not being critical, just truthful. Seems like they should be running their practices differently. The WH players are very talented & work hard, but they need to be better coached. Shooting form is never addressed, nor is intense ball handling. How are you going to score if the 1-2 guys that can actually shoot are being double-teamed. Everyone should be a threat to score. They should also be taught to get up off their heals on defense and driving and cutting. They lack accuracy and precision in most everything they do. And that is a coaching issue. It would be great to see them refocus, get better, maybe even finninsh with a winning record. But that is only going to happen if the practice regiment improves. Honesty and accountability brings the opportunity to improve. Go Blue Devils!!!

It's starting to look like a blue year in Blue Devil Country. Every game I have seen, they have been the slower, weaker, & less athletic team. Seems like they should have actually done strength, conditioning, & agility training August-November. When they scrimmaged Hillwood, they could'nt handle the press, mainly for the reasons mentioned above. There is a ton of talent on the team, but if they aren't preparing to be the more athletic and better coached team, it is going to be hard to win. There hasn't been much improvement relative to the other teams they faced. Every player on Hillwood was a better ball handler than 80% of the players at WH. Every Hillwood player executed the offense and defense with precision, while WH looked like they we playing pickup ball. I'm not being critical, just truthful. Seems like they should be running their practices differently. The WH players are very talented & work hard, but they need to be better coached. Shooting form is never addressed, nor is intense ball handling. How are you going to score if the 1-2 guys that can actually shoot are being double-teamed. Everyone should be a threat to score. They should also be taught to get up off their heals on defense and driving and cutting. They lack accuracy and precision in most everything they do. And that is a coaching issue. It would be great to see them refocus, get better, maybe even finninsh with a winning record. But that is only going to happen if the practice regiment improves. Honesty and accountability brings the opportunity to improve. Go Blue Devils!!!

Whew, that is scalding assessment! 

The reason the Bobcats got back into the game in the third quarter against Harpeth had very little to do with GB's big guy and more so having Young back into the game after being in foul trouble the entire first half. He started pouring 'em in in the 2nd half and never let up.  Big kid is a decent player, but was hardly a difference maker in the game in which he was at least 6" taller than any other player on the floor.

Quote in the Tennessean regarding win vs Harpeth "The Bobcats came out in the second half and immediately hammered the ball inside to Allen who scored 10 of his 11 points in the third period to help Greenbrier outscore the Indians 15-8, gaining its first lead of the game 28-26."

Second quote (same article) from NICK YOUNG himself "Brad did a good job of getting us going on the offensive end in the second half,†said Young. “Because he hit so many shots in the lane in the third, I was able to get some open looks in the fourth quarter."

You said the cats getting back into the game had "very little to do with the big guy?"  Yeah I guess you're right Unforgettable....I guess I just don't know what I'm talking about...

Quote in the Tennessean regarding win vs Harpeth "The Bobcats came out in the second half and immediately hammered the ball inside to Allen who scored 10 of his 11 points in the third period to help Greenbrier outscore the Indians 15-8, gaining its first lead of the game 28-26."

Second quote (same article) from NICK YOUNG himself "Brad did a good job of getting us going on the offensive end in the second half,†said Young. “Because he hit so many shots in the lane in the third, I was able to get some open looks in the fourth quarter."

You said the cats getting back into the game had "very little to do with the big guy?"  Yeah I guess you're right Unforgettable....I guess I just don't know what I'm talking about...

I apologize Mr. GOOBer, I guess reading all your posts about how CPA tried to get the kid I was expecting a lot more.  Like I said, decent player; and will thrive in the district in the coming years, but wouldn't see a minute on the floor playing at CPA.

Cheatham and White House game was a wild one.  Cheatham is very flashy, but it seems as if defense is optional.  White House never went away but Cheatham won by double digits after a big third quarter.  I'm not sure Saunders missed in the first half.  Kid can stroke!!! While it seems nobody in the district is in the same league as the Cubs, I do think they are beatable, but it would have to take a flawless effort from anyone in this district.  

Much credit to the Harpeth club.  They came and wanted the game more than Heritage did.  The fast start propelled them to the victory after a furious comeback by the home Patriots.  Davis can certainly play but they looked like they played as a team really well.  Chuckled at their pre-game warmup routine.